HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2004, 06:48 AM   #1
Hope

Hi Everyone, well, I have to report bad tidings. My CT scans were not good. Ihave one very aggresive lung met tumor that has continued to grow inspite of Navelbine/Herceptin. It went from 3.8 to 5.1 since January. I also, in the past was on Taxol/Herceptin and when I was first diagnosed in Oct.2002 I was put on Adrimycin/Taxtotere. Well, my onc yesterday wants to take me off Herceptin and put me on Zeloda. She says there is no evidence out there that I can take Zeloda and Herceptin together. Are any of your currently on Zeloda and Herceptin? Do any of you know where I can get information to take her to convince her that I want to stay on Herceptin with the Zeloda. I looked up a study that I got from Breast Cancer.Org that states that Zeloda with Taxotere has better results than Zeloda alone.But that is all I found. However, she told me that research now indicates that taking one chemo at a time is better. Anyway, since I want to stay on Herceptin, she decided to withhold the Zeloda and put me back on Taxotere/Herceptin for 3 weeks, take a chest x-ray then and see where I am at. She also told me that Taxotere is better if taken in 3 week cycles instead of weekly. I am so confused,anxious and depressed at this time because I feel that I am not knowledgeable about these chemos. Also, I asked her since only one lung met out of the multiple ones that I have, is going "crazy", if perhaps she would recommend Radial Frequency Ablation on it. She said "no". Have any of you had this done or know something about it.I live in the San Diego area and go to UCSD and I really like her. But I did tell her, perhaps, I needed a second opinion. She gave me the name of 2 oncs not affiliated with UCSD and also said that UCLA was good. I don;t even know where to start on this second opinion stuff,but that will be a different post. I know that post has a lot of questions about diffent things but any help will be greatly appreciated at this time. Thanks in advance. You are all great and thanks for your prayers. Maybe God is saying it's not my time yet to report good news.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
JaneP

I'm taking the Xeloda/Herceptin combo now. My onc said it was thought that the drugs did not work well together but recent research indictes otherwise.

Jane
Old 04-12-2004, 11:41 PM   #3
eleanor

When the time comes my onc will be putting me on xeloda and herceptin combo. (I pray it's a long way off).
el