HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2004, 12:48 AM   #1
lolam

I told my onc. about brain mets with no symptoms and how I wanted a brain scan once a year. I was ready for a fight and he said that sounded totally reasonable to him! And I was ready for a good knock down dragged out fight! Disappointing! Anyway, He said he would have to lie on the request that I had headaches and blurry vision or my ins. co. would not pay for it. I didn't like the word "Lie" as I value my integrity. I wish the ins. co. would change the policy. Anyway I did have 2 headaches recently, bad ones actually. So whew, took care of that "lie". Then I have really blurry vision when I take my glasses off. I cannot see the hand in front of my face. So there goes that lie, sorta! I have the scan tomorrow and I am not expecting them to find a thing. But now one never really knows for 100% sure does one?
Hugs, Lola
Old 04-08-2004, 03:39 AM   #2
shelley

Good luck on your scan tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I love your funny posts.

Hugs,

Shelley
Old 04-08-2004, 04:14 AM   #3
Lisa

It's difficult to even say the words "integrity" and "insurance companies" in the same word sometimes, isn't it? Let us know your results ASAP!

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 04-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #4
Lolly

Lola,
You're giving me ideas.......
Old 04-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #5
Sheila

Lola
I figure if I use the "Not tonight dear, I have a headache" enough, my husband will demand one for me!!!!
Hugs
Sheila
Old 04-12-2004, 11:45 PM   #6
eleanor

Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but that was pretty funny. The headaches and blurry vision are what I use (yes, vanity keeps me from wearing glasses - there's my blurry vision). Another good "lie" is dizzy spells - you know - the kind when you stand up way to quickly???
el