HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
Lyn

Hi Sandy,how long does it take for that combo to be processed. I had my first Carboplatin yesterday and my Herceptin was the week before so will have both again in three weeks so I can have them on the same day. Has this combo given any hair loss. I was told I should expect nausea so I don't know if I am talking myself into feeling a bit sick or it is the carbo. If I don't get results I will have to look at adding something else to this coctail

Big Hugs Lyn
Old 04-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #2
Sandy

I had Herceptin/Taxol/Carbo weekly. The first week the skin mets looked worse and the doctor said that some times happens. The second week they were better and from then on each week showed a big improvement. By the 12th week they were gone. My stomach would flip and I would take a pill and nothing more happened. This only happened a few times and I don't think I needed the pill but was told don't wait and let the nausea get ahead of me. I had constipation (?sp)but ate lots of prunes and drank prune juice 3 to 4 days following treatment as I did not want to take stool softners. It was the carbo causing it. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions. Hugs, Sandy