HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2003, 09:43 AM   #1
Jennifer

I volunteered to be in a clinical trial for Herceptin (AC+T/H). Had a lumpectomy last October followed by 4 cycles of AC and 12 weekly Taxol treatments and then radiation. Taxol was supposed to be accompanied by Herceptin but unfortunately (I think) I was randomized into the non-treatment arm of the 3-arm study (meaning I got AC+T but no Herceptin). I was really upset about it at first but have calmed down somewhat. I know some people have heart complications " and have to just wonder if that's why I didn't get it. (My heart function is fine--have had 4 MUGA scans so far and they have been perfect.) But I still think about the ""what ifs"". I'm in Portland" Oregon...I keep wondering if another clinical trial will come up such as the one mentioned in Seattle for people in remission with node involvement (I had 2 pos. nodes out of 9). Is anyone lurking out there who is from my area?
Jennifer
Old 10-14-2003, 03:01 AM   #2
Andrea

We just heard from the sponsor that their request to allow womoen who have had ANY node involvement (instead of more than 4) can participate in the HER2/neu vaccine study. Please call/email me directly if you have questions. This study is only for women who have never had herceptin.