HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
JoJo

I offered to read her path report for a new friend. Apparently, mine came in a different format, and it didn't include ki672 & p53.

Thanks for any assistance!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Kristen

1: Ai Zheng. 2004 Oct;23(10):1176-9. Related Articles, Links

[Expression Correlation of Ki67 to P53,VEGF,and C-erbB-2 Genes in Breast Cancer and Their Clinical Significances.]

[Article in Chinese]

Li BJ, Zhu ZH, Wang JY, Hou JH, Zhao JM, Zhang PY, Yao GY, Wang X, Long H, Yang MT, Rong TH.

Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cancer center, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou,Guangdong,510060, P.R.China. rongth@sysuce.com.

BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVE: The proliferating antigen Ki67 is an important biological marker in cell proliferation. This study was designed to investigate the expressions of Ki67,P53,vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF),and C-erbB-2 in breast cancer tissue,and their correlations with cliniopathological significance. METHODS: The expressions of Ki67,p53,VEGF,and C-erbB-2 in 151 cases of breast cancer were assessed by immunohisto-chemistry,and their correlations with clinicopathological factors were statistically analyzed. RESULTS: The positive rate of Ki67 was 78.2%(113/151). The expression of Ki67 correlated with tumor stages (P< 0.05),but didn't relate to age,tumor size,and lymph node status (P >0.05). In addition,the expression of Ki76 had a positive correlation with the expressions of p53,and C-erbB-2 (P< 0.05),but not with the expression of VEGF (P >0.05). The co-expression of Ki67 and VEGF related to tumor size,and clinical stage (P< 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: The expression of Ki67 is an objective biological marker for estimating the occurrence and progression of breast cancer.Combined detection of Ki67 and VEGF may helps to judge the clinical stage of breast cancer.

JoJo, this is probably a little more technical than you wanted but I didn't want to misinterupt anything. Hope this helps. k
Old 01-20-2005, 12:19 AM   #3
Kristen

JoJo,
You got me curious and I did a little moe digging. Not to much to report. On my path report my ki67 was was greater than 10%, but between 10-20%. What I read was anything over 30% was unfavorable and on my path it says unfavorable greater than 20%.

Ki-67 (MIB-1) was 8%, I had a note next to the path that 6-10% was high, but I don't think so. I am not sure of the ranges.

I do have a question on what is the difference between DNA index/ploidy and Diploid? Is aneuploid what they compare to ploidy?

S-Phase fraction, somewhere I read that greater than 10% is not favorable, I could be wrong on that but that is the note I have written down. If you disagree with that or anyone else, please set the ranges out so we can find out where we fall in the scheme of things. I can look up what the individual ones mean, but have not found ranges.

Also does anyone know the ranges for the FISH. Is it based on a 1-10 range for amplification?

I am not done. nuclei, achitecture and mitotic rate, what are the ranges for those and is low good or bad?

HER2 chromosomes, how many signals in the nuclei is good, fair or poor indicators. any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
*_julie_*

more info on ki-67

http://www.nature.com/modpathol/journal/va...df/3800254a.pdf