HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Rich

Lapatinib, which Garnier calls “an exquisitely designed drug” meant to treat tumors related to breast cancer, was originally put on a fast track by the FDA, and the company was expected to submit it for market approval this year. But Glaxo backtracked in May after receiving disappointing trial data. Now the drug may not be submitted for FDA approval until late this decade, according to some estimates.

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_st...ontent_id=99139
Old 09-13-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
Tom

Hi Rich. I have been watching the lapatinib situation for some time now, and I am concerned about it's true potential as well. However, you must realize that reporting about such things by financial institutions is a little different than that of the medical field, and particularly unusual when it originates from overseas.

I was an active stock trader some years ago, and was used to the need to dig deeper for the truth about promising new drugs. I have a friend that works for one drug company (not GSK) that can help me find the true scuttlebut on lapatinib with a little work. I will let you know what I find out as soon as I have some concrete evidence. Keep your hopes up, as do I. Lapatinib, if it does half of what is claimed, could do great things for cancer treatment. The drug truly IS exquisitely designed, as it approaches the cancer riddle through two different mechanisms of action. Take care.