HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
theresaw

Question Just an update

Went to see my onc yesterday, my echogram has not changed it still shows the damage to my heart, which means I guess that my heart has not started repairing itself, now she wants to send me to another doctor to have a better look at my heart to see if it may be heart disease. She also wants me to do a CT scan of the chest and abdominal area, and then next week a MRI. I do not believe I have heart disease unless it was brought on by the herceptin, my heart was great before I started chemo and herceptin.. well I will keep you all posted.
I am excited about going back to work next week...YEAH!! some normallcy back in my life.
You all are great and I am so very glad to be a part of this site...Be Blessed
theresaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
LindaC

Location: Live in New York Monday through Thursday.Friday,Saturday,&Sunday Live in Cape May,New Jersey.
the chemo and the herceptin do damage to the heart,and thats why your onc wants to make sure.I am going through the same thing,I am glad for you that you are returning to work ,I wish I can my onc.won't let me.Congradulations on returning back to work.
three tumors left breast,lymph nodes involed don't
know how many.Kidney failure postponed my surgery
which gave the doctors the opportunity to run test.
FishTest showed that I have her2 positive, mets to liver and bones.
Dx December 14,2006
one dose carboplatin
now once a week herceptin,taxol
once a month zometa
February 5,2007 pet scan showed everything good except bones
5-16-07 muga scan
5-17-07 pet scan
Everythig was clear taken off of zometa,chemo
herceptin every three weeks
LindaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
theresaw

Red face Update on CT scan can someone help me understand?

Here is the update of my ct scan, maybe someone out there can help me to understand it. I don't see my Onc. again until August, so I am guessing that if these results mean anything abnormal she would call me.. this may get a little lenghthy...my results say there is a 9-mm hypodense nodule in the left lobe of the thryroid. No significant axillary, mediastinal, or hilar adenopathy. There is a focal 3.2 cm area of increased attenuation within the subcutaneous soft tissues inferior to the tram flap reconstruction. Uncertain significance but likey due to post operative in nature. There is increased attenuation within the anterosuperior mediastinum with a focal 1.7x2.1 cm soft-tissue density in this area.
There is are 2 tiny 5-mm hypodensity in the dome of the liver which is too small to definite characterize, but likely to represent a tiny cyst. There is a second 5-mm hypodenstiy in the posterior segment of the right lobe of the liver. Remainder of liver is normal. Bone windows unremarkable.
theresaw is offline   Reply With Quote