HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #61
janieR

I am so very sad and devestated for lolly's family.

They are all in my thoughts. It is not fair!

Janie
janieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #62
PinkGirl

Unhappy

I am adding my sadness
as well. This is so awful.
Sorry for Lolly and for all of us.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #63
Cathya

I am so shocked and deeply saddened to hear this news. Lolly was online when I first came to the her2support site was someone I admired. As we both had supraclavicular node tumors I specifically watched for her comments and not only learned alot but received great comfort from her. I looked to her positive attitude as an indication that things were under control. Another brave angel taken too early. My sincere sympathies to her husband and family. I will miss her.

Cathy

Diagnosed Oct. 2004 3 cm ductal, lumpectomy Nov. 2004
Diagnosed Jan. 2005 tumor in supraclavicular node
Stage 3c, Grade 3, ER/PR+, Her2++
4 AC, 4 Taxol, Radiation, Arimidex, Actonel
Herceptin for 9 months until Muga dropped and heart enlarged
Restarting herceptin weekly after 4 months off
Stopped herceptin after four weekly treatments....score dropped to 41
Finished 6 years Arimidex
May 2015 diagnosed with ovarian cancer
Stage 1C
started 6 treatments of carboplatin/taxol
Genetic testing show BRCA1 VUS
Nice! My hair came back really curly. Hope it lasts lol. Well it didn't but I liked it so I'm now a perm lady
29 March 2018 Lung biopsy following chest CT showing tumours in pleura of left lung, waiting for results to the question bc or ovarian
April 20, 2018 BC mets confirmed, ER/PR+ now Her2-
Questions about the possibility of ovarian spread and mets to bones so will be tested and monitored for these.
To begin new drug Palbociclib (Ibrance) along with Letrozole May, 2018.
Genetic testing of ovarian tumour and this new lung met will take months.
To see geneticist to be retested for BRCA this week....still BRCA VUS
CA125 has declined from 359 to 12 as of Aug.23/18

Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #64
Carolyns

My heart breaks. Please add me to the LONG list of people comforted by Lolly. This is such a huge loss. May God bless her family.

No words can express...

Love, Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #65
bonnie

I am saddened by Lolly's loss. On June 28 and 29 I will be walking the the Rocky Mountains Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I will remember her and walk in her memory.

Bonnie
bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #66
Becca

Much sadness at this news. May her family and friends be comforted by thoughts of what a great and wonderful lady Lolly was.
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #67
Paty

My prayers for the family of Lolly, she will deeply missed. I just can't believe this.
ER-PR+,her2+++
6 FAC
32 Rads
Dx. Lung fibrosis due to radiation
Ended 1 year herceptin in March, 2008
Paty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #68
NanaKaren

I too, as with everyone else am stunned to hear of Lolly. Her last post gave no indication as to how really ill she was. My heart is breaking at losing another sister. I loved that smiling picture of her and is how I will always remember her. NanaKaren
micromet in sentinel node
Sept.05 Lt.lumpectomy/bilat.reduction
Oct.05 4 rounds of AC/12 rounds of Taxol with Herceptin
Radiation 5 weeks
Herceptin only until Jan.07
Started Femara-stopped
Started Aromisin-stopped
Currently on Arimidex with a great deal of pain
Stopped Arimidex
Taking Tamoxifen
Karen
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #69
Bill

Bo, thank you for your post. I'm fairly new to this site, and didn't "know" your mom very well, but she did reach out to me during very difficult times, and I will always be grateful to her for that. She was an amazing woman, and just from reading your one post, I can tell that you are an awesome young man. You are full of your mother's spirit and a walking, living tribute to her. Live your life well in her name and continue to fight the good fight. Peace to you and your family, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #70
dhealey

I am at a loss for words over this news. This disease knows no boundaries! My prayers go out to sweet Lolly's family.
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #71
juanita

Add my prayers to all of the many so far!
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #72
TriciaK

What heartbreaking news!

Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing this sad news with us. Lolly has been such an inspiration to me from the first time I posted on this site, as I know she has to all of us. She was one very special lady and a true Warrior. She will be so sorely missed here. I can't even imagine what her wonderful family is going through.
Bo, your letter was amazing and touched us all so deeply. Thank you! We all loved your mother, and appreciated how she shared herself with us here on this website. I know you have wonderful memories and I pray they will bring blessings and comfort to all your family. TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #73
Chelee

This is such awful news its almost unbearable. Lolly was such a special person that no words seem adequate. I'm at a loss for words. We will all miss Lolly; she touched so many of our lives here on the Her2 board.

I want to send me deepest condolences to Lolly's family and friends. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #74
Kim in CA

This is so very sad that it just seems impossible. Lolly was such an amazingly kind, generous, and POSITIVE person. Her kindness always shown through in every post she wrote.

Steph, thank you for letting us know about dear Lolly. It was so like her not to complain much, probably not wanting to worry us.

And Bo, I'm teary reading your post as well. Thank you for sharing your personal thoughts with us. My heart is truly broken. Please accept my deepest and heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

Kim

5/1997 Hi Dose Chemo w/ Stem cell rescue. Spent 4 weeks in isolation ward. Then 6 weeks radiation.

9/2001 widespread mets to liver. 8 mos Taxotere/Herceptin brought me almost to NED. Stop Taxotere & add Femara .

11/2002 liver resection to remove spot that turned out to be necrosis. Officially NED!

7/2003 Tumor markers rising add Xeloda Disastrous reaction, 8 days hospital, but tumor markers came back to normal!

June -Dec 2004 UW Vaccine Trial.

7/2005 MRI single 11mm brain met
8/2005 Gamma Knife.

Brain MRI @3 months NED!

2006-2011 brain/body still NED

8/04/11 Taking Herceptin break, will monitor with tumor markers.

6/20/12 Tumor markers begin to rise. CA15-3 is 31.3 and Her2 Serum is at 17.1 Decide to repeat in one month.

7/23/12 CA15-3 now 49.3
Her2 Serum 26.8

8/6/12 Back on Herceptin
CA15-3 now 76
Her2 Serum now 49

11/7/12 Add weekly Taxotere for 4 cycles

2/2013 Stopped Taxotere added Perjeta. MRI shows approx. 50% reduction liver mets. CA15-3 still elevated @ 55. Will continue on just Herceptin & Perjeta.

November 2014 Continuing on Herceptin, Perjeta, and
Femara indefinitely. Guess I'm NED again, but watching those tumor markers carefully!

Dec. 2015 PET scan reveals mass in perirectal area of abdomen.biopsy confirms. Still Her2+, but no longer ER+. Bye bye Femara

Jan 2016 Begin Kadcyla

March 2016 PET scan shows tumor now barely visible, still NED everywhere else.
2016/2017 continue Kadcyla

November 2017 brain MRI reveals small focus of T2 hyperintensity with possible 4mm enhancing nodule. Short term follow up MRI suggested. Stay tuned...
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #75
hutchibk

Bo - your mom was an angel on earth. I know that she is getting the rest she deserves, and I know she will always look out for us and her family. This is just so heartbreaking. Love to you and your dad and all of your family. Your mom was an amazing person. And always know that she is the brightest star in the night sky.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #76
Leslie's sister

I'm so sorry

What a shock. I wasn't expecting another sister. And Lolly. Enough already. Thank you for posting the news Steph. And thank you Bo for your words regarding your mom. She was a familiar name on this site and will be sorely missed.

What sad news. I pray for Lolly's family and all here to find the peace and comfort that our loving Father offers.

Lisa
5 cm. Her2Neu+++, ER-, PR-
1 positive node out of six,
double mastectomy 6/9/06;
TCH started 7/12/06
last chemo 10/25/06
herceptin ended 6-11-07
Leslie's sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #77
belle

My sincere condolences to Lolly's family. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I admired Lolly as a person and agree with all previously said posts that she was an amazing woman.

Bo, I agree with Bill, you seem to have picked up after your mom. The same warmly shining light who comes out a winner no matter what. Be a walking living tribute to her.
belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #78
Unregistered

Hey everyone, it's Bo.

This thread just keeps growing and growing, and to think I never knew her presence on such a helping and heartfelt forum went this deep... What an absolute treasure to find. I thank you all so much for this.

People talk about how much her postings of support meant to them, the effect she was able to have on your lives with a few choice words expressed at the right time by a person whose experiences everyone knew were such a huge part of her life... I walk around the house and see her little trinkets in every corner knowing that she usually didn't put things on display like that unless they had a great personal meaning. I realize now that she did both of these things knowing that she didn't have to be there in person during every following moment for you to feel and experience the positive intentions she hoped would be born out by the initial acts of her kind and supporting expression. It's so hard to see all the little hints she left around but how could I ever ask for anything more to remember? We all meant so much to her and it seems like every little thing she left around has something inside thanking us for it. How could you ask for anything more than a blessing who just wanted everyone around her to be blessed themselves?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #79
Diane H

Will miss her very much, what a shock - cannot seem to comprehend ....... bless her beautiful soul.
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #80
sherri

I'll walk 60 KM in Sept. in her memory

I have joined to walk 60 KM in first week of September in her memory; walk to end breast cancer. I'll put her name on my T-shirt and I'll tell everyone about her beautiful soul. She is one of the kind you can never forget. Bo your mom will be missed by anyone who had a chance to know her even with one short e-mail. My dear Lolly rest in peace until we meet in a better world.
Love for ever!
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote