HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
jml

Waiting on PET Scan results

So I just had my PET scan yesterday -
How long do you guys wait to get your results?
I typically send my onc's PA an email saying "just had my PET scan today...can you please keep an eye out for any preliminary info and let me know?" And she's typically amenable and will call me with the report within a day or two and initial ideas about a plan, which we are able to discuss in detail when I see them in the office a few days later.
Just wondering how you guys manage the wait...?

I've now completed 5 cycles of Ixempra and in recent the past three weeks sandwiched in Novalis for a small brain met and Chemoembo with adriamyacin to target a spot in my liver.In retrospect, I think it may have been too much, really pushing my body to the limit because the last couple of weeks and the cumulative effect of all this treatment was really really hard. Scary, sick, weak.
I even asked my doc if I could skip the last round of Ixempra because I didn't think I could make it through another week of feeling so crappy. I sucked it up and did it, but had a really awful week.
I pray pray pray that it has all been worth it, even though I know that we're going to have to re-treat the liver with more adria or RFA.
I've lost the capacity to even believe and hope that NED may be close by...I just pray that the disease load is less, and manageable. And that I can take a break, a nice long break from Ixempra.
I won't be eligible to enroll in a TDM1 expanded access program until August 3 - 60 days after the Novalis. So in the meantime, I hoping for a break from Ixempra, maybe go for another round of chemoembo or RFA for my liver and give my body a chance to bounce back, heal and gain some weight.

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote