HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
Anonymous

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE CHEMO TO START WORKING/ IS THERE ANY WAY OTHER THAN TEST, ETC TO KNOW IF IT IS WORKING?
Old 01-06-2004, 07:47 AM   #2
Linda in TX

I suppose that it can vary with each individual, as well as, type of chemo. I had a recurrence in August of last year...local and mets to liver. After 3 rounds of taxotere/herceptin the tumor in my breast was gone and the liver lesion had already shrunk from 7cm to 3cm. I will have more scans after I complete round 6 the end of this month. The trick, I think, is to find the right combo or treatment. My best to you!
Linda
Old 01-06-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
Lolly

My oncologist relies on a combination of blood tests, scans and clinical observation to monitor response to treatment.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #4
Lyn

Hi there, my reoccurence came back in the neck with enlarged lymph glands, after chemo I could feel them getting smaller until they were gone. I also had skin mets so mine have all been obvious all though I did have a few in my chest which came back clear after CT scans, and sad to say they aren't that accurate either I have just found out after 5 years than my CT was normal my tumour markers and blood were all great but now I am having radiation for a lymph gland in my neck which came up as a lump but cannot be seen except on ultra sound, so we have to be vigilent in knowing our bodies. I am having 2o rounds of rads for this new one. When on the Her/Navelbine I could feel a pinching sensation in my body and as it turns out that was where the enlaraged lymphs were. Hope this helps.

Love & Hugs Lyn