HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2004, 02:53 AM   #1
Gail Townsend

Looking for some help from people that have had breast cancer mets. from Her 2 to lungs. Had masectomy 5 yrs. ago and the cancer has returned in lungs with the help of Her 2. I am on taxiteria and hercepton. Anyone out there that can give me any input. Thanks Gail
Old 01-06-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
Linda in MI.

Hi Gail,

I found out I had mets to lungs in June, 2003. I am on taxotere, herceptin, and carboplatin. I am doing well so far with the exception of occasional low blood counts and just recently fluid retention in my right foot,leg, and a tiny amount in my lungs (from the decadron and the taxotere. I am on my 7th round now and will get scanned probably next week.

I also do a lot of complementary treatments such as vitamin and mineral IV's, homeopaths, supplements, juicing, and coffee enemas.

Best of luck to you. I know it's scary but there are a LOT of options out there, especially for those of us that are her 2 +++. Are you also er+?

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:18 AM   #3
Hope

Hi Gail. I also have mets to both lungs. Multiple small tumors. However, in August, one of the tumors started to grow while I was on Taxol/Hercerptin. Onc. put me on Taxol/Herceptin and Carboplatin. That did not work for me. Tumor still growing. In November, I was switched to Navelbine/Herceptin. I get my scans on Monday. I pray that is the right combo for me. Hope this helps. Keep me posted. I am interested.