HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-10-2004, 07:16 AM   #1
Steph N.

Hi ladies,
I am new to this board, but am getting a lot of helpful info. Maybe I can give some back!
I have used a supplement now since a short time prior to my initial dx in October of 1999.
It is called Nioxin Rechanging Complex. It is a supplement formulated just for healthier skin, hair and nails. It is a blend of vitamis, herbs and amino acids, some derived from wild yams and without using chemical binders. Also has co-enzyme Q6-10. One per day.
I showed the bottle to my Onc before beginning my first round of chemo (yeah - I had major liver mets to battle a little later). He was just fine with my taking this and I only had one problem with the nail on my left great toe - through adria weekly, taxotere, taxol, navelbene (last 2 weekly for 7 months!). My hair grew back quite fast and thicker than ever. I was always being complemented on my skin even when my red and white counts were in the basement and I could barely drag myself from one room to the next! Nails were good the whole time - just could see the stripes from the taxotere treatments! When those got the end of my nails I had to trim them down as they were pretty weak at that point.
I get this product from my hairdresser who carries the Nioxin line, but it is widely available.
I am a walking testimony!
Old 01-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
Linda in Calif

Hi Steph: Welcome to the site. Lots of great people here. I also was able to see the bands on my nails from the Taxol. I thought once they had grown out my finger nails would be stronger...no such luck so far. I will see if I can find the NIOXIN you mentioned. Thanks for the info. Take Care, Linda