HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Karen t

Virxcan or Essiac

Does anyone have information on these alternative-type treatments for tumors? I was told that virxcan tablets will dissolve tumors and can be used in conjunction with chemo. When I googled virxcan, one of the sites indicated that essiac is another term for virxcan; essiac is made up, apparently, from a number of ingredients including burdock root. Essiac can also be ingested by drinking it in tea form.
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
R.B.

I have not looked at either of the items you are asking about.

I have read fairly widely on omega threes and sixes. There are a number of trials that suggest that ensureing adequate supply of the omega three familly and balancing intake with omega six can reduce the cancer risk profile.

There are lots of posts on omega three and six on ths site. They can be accessed by searching using the search factility above (click on search on the purple bar).

Other factors that have been shown to impact on the inflamatory pathways are poor digestion, processed sugars sucrose fructose etc, lack of minerals magnesium selenum etc. Melatonin figures in regulating several pathways as is an interesting substance which works at fundmantal levels.

In general terms even where trials show potential promise there is often lack of funding to carry out appropriate trials so definative answers are not generallyavailable.

It is a case of reading widely, discussing dietary changes with your advisors and making your choices.

This is worth reading as it puts the magor dietary factors that are likely essential to health into a frame work of an explantion as to how our western diet has changed. http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/81/2/341

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
anne

Karen,

I remember reading somewhere that in one trial, they found that Essaic tea caused the spread of BC, not cure it. Unfortunately it was 2 years ago that I read this. Try googling it because I can't remeber too many details. I want to say it was not good for ER+ tumors.
Hugs,
Anne
anne is offline   Reply With Quote