HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
hope

Anxiety problems

I have been suffering from panic attacks even before being diagnosed with BC and have been taking Ativan reguarly for these. Recently these panic attacks have been waking me up at night most likely because I'm under even more stress that my lung mets are progressing, feeling that the Xeloda is not working any more, and having to get plural effusions drained every two weeks. I will get chest CT scans this week. If I fail Xeloda then there is nothing left for me to try except Lapatinib. I am eligible for the early access program for lapatinib but will have to wait like everyone else for another month until its available.

I am working with a palitive care team at my cancer center and they have suggested that I take the drug Clonazapam along with my Ativan. Clonazapam is basically a longer lasting Ativan like drug (anti-anxiety). Well I have tried this and it just makes me more dizzy and lightheadness due to my other brain lesion that has radiation necrosis. It seems like every drug that I take now that works on the brain except for the Ativan causes more of my radiation necrosis symptoms. I probably don't react to Ativan becasue I have taken it for so long that I have build a side effects resistance to it. I have even tried a couple of anti drepressants which made problems worse too.

I just wanted to know if any of you have taken clonazapam and what was your experience like? Also the pallitive care team has mentioned that if clonazapam continues to be a problem I could try a sleeping pill along with my Ativan to prevent these nighttime panic attacks. Has anyone taken sleeping pills before? and since I react to medications not so well which one is the most mildest? Thanks, Hope