HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Jean

nine years

It was nine years ago today that I was dx. with breast cancer. Some days it feels like 99 years and then other days it is like yesterday. All the days since dx and treatment have become very dear and special.

I have been reluctant to post this ninth year cancerversary for the following reason; many of our dear sister are fighting so hard. Then I considered the new members who are just starting out (I remember well how that felt) it is like walking in the dark on a cliff.

I also remembered so many wonderful ladies (some gone now) who supported me so strongly and encouraged me to demand treatment and not to take no for an answer. My first onc. thought I was losing it and not accepting my cancer because I kept asking why I could not have herceptin. (have to laugh now when I think of her) but back then in 05 I shed some tears of strong frustration.

At the very least I hope this post will encourage the newer dx. members to maintain your courage and strength, do not take no for answer. Continue to educate yourself on the disease and stay informed.

To the sisters who have supported me and shared my journey these past years I send a warm thank you filled with love and joy. You have added so much to my life.
Your courage, strength, attitude and willingness to be open minded and giving is boundless certainly amazing.
What special gifts you have given.

To the sisters who have supported me and are not with us, they will never be forgotten. They will remain embedded in my heart. They are true warriors.

I wish all a day of peace and love surrounded by the people who matter in your life. Everything else is not important.

Fondly,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo