HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Sherryg683

A little hurt.....long

As some of you may know, my brother is in the advanced stages of melanoma and isn't doing well. He has always been a bachelor. I have 3 other siblings, all of them are pretty much "screw ups" for lack of a better word. My younger sister is always borrowing from everyone she can borrow from, my older sister is living off the life insurance from her husbands aunt, and my other brother is in prison. My brother that is sick is a very honest, moral guy and has many times told me that me and him were the only two that never gave my mother any problems, I know he respects me more than he does the others. It has been my husband that has been taking him back and forth to MD Anderson in Houston. I am suppose to be picking him up this weekend. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with him trying to help him through it. The others have basically done nothing. When he got sick a year ago he called me and told me the plans of his will, he let me know that he was planning on leaving the house to my younger sister after my mother died and that my siblings were going to get the rest of the money because basically "i didn't need it, and that I might not live that long anyway " (put in kinder words). He seems to think that my husband makes good money and I am taken care of. (we are comfortable but not at all rich). He asked me if I was OK with this. To be honest, I was speachless, it was his money and all I could say was, " you do what you want with your money, you have worked for it". I have continued to be more than supportive of him and my husband has taken his time off from work and used his own money to go and get him from Houston. Well, my mother called me up a couple of days ago and told me my brother had just made his will ( he left it on the table for her to read). .She had been crying. She was very upset for me, he had not even mentioned me in the will at all...absolutely nothing. He has over 200,000 dollars and it was to be split equally between my other siblings, even the one that is in prision (and it not likely to ever get out). She told him that it was very unfair and that he should not have left me out unless i had done something to him, that he had 4 siblings, not 3. He told her that I was OK with it. To be honest, I am NOT OK with it. I am hurt as hell. It's not the money, I didn't expect to be cut in equally with the "needy" ones as he calls them. I just honesly didn't expect to be the only one in the family that was cut out completely, not even mentioned. I figured he would come around and at least mention me and leave me something,even just a token gesture. I'm a little angry, more at my siblings who suck and suck off everyone else and don't do a damn thing as far as helping out. I'm angry that it is always me and my husband and my mother that is left to do the problem solving and traveling. My brother is very stingy with his money and hasn't offered to pay for any of our expenses. I guess I should have spoke up a year ago but I honestly didn't think he would totally forget about me. I have never done anything but try to help him. I find myself now saying "screw it, let my sisters take their asses up to Houston to get him. Let them worry about how he's going to get up there and back. I love my brother and he is in a bind and needs help and I know I'll never turn my back on him. I am just now a little more inclined to let the others do their share. I pray every night that my brother beats this thing so that he can spend his money and there is nothing left for them to get, he is the only one who deserves it. I guess I'm just hurt now and will have to pray and get over it..sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Rendi69CA

Red face

I am so sorry your brother acting that way. I have that problem with my sibling. I am the baby of 6 and I feel like I am the oldest. I help with child care for free, baby shower, christmas, hoildays, and I get no return when I need help. You need to tell your brother before it is to late. It look like he is reaching out to them for love. Good luck.

Rendi
11/97- 36 radiation therapy.
01/98- NED; tamoxifen.
02/02- breast reconstruction.
08/04- recurrence; mets to rt lung; thoracentesis; femara.
09/04- thoracentesis; ER/PR +, Her2+++.
10/04- total abdominal hysterectomy.
02/06- mets to 9th rib; monthly zometa; arimidex.
06/06- medi port insert; weekly herceptin.
10/06- 3 weeks herceptin treatment.
02/07- mets to liver; arimidex
11/07-liver clear
02/08-chemo taxol/herceptin weekly treatment
12/08-taxol not working
01/09-navelbine/herceptin weelky
03/09-navelbine not working
04/09-xeloda/tykerb
09/09-30 radation to neck; xeloda/tykerb not working
11/09-Gemzar/herceptin weekly
04/10-tykerb/herceptin weekly
06/10-cancer spread to left lung;stop treatment; tap
07/10-right lung collasps; TDM1
Rendi69CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
Sherryg683

He has said he is just trying to be fair and leave it to the ones who need it most. My other brother has been in prision his whole life and I doubt he's going to be able to spend 70 thousand dollars in prison. My mother seems to think that he feels if he leaves anything to me, it's like leaving it to my husband (who he thinks doesn't need the money). He honestly doesn't think I'm going to be around too much longer, which hurts me very badly. He doesn't have a lot of hope for me, even though I try to hold on . My husband is a good guy, who helps him all the time. My brothers thinking has never been too rational anyway, so why should I expect it to be now. I don't want to talk bad about someone who is in position but that's the way it is. He doesn't respect my siblings at all and has always talked terrible about them. I do not want to sound like a vulture picking at bones because believe me, I have been the one this whole time who has thought less about the money. It's just hard to be singled out and left out..sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
Grace

Sherry,

I agree with Rendi and believe you should tell your brother how you feel. Of course, you feel hurt and left out. Who wouldn't? Unfortunately, in this world money represents so much more than what it can buy--it has great emotional resonance. Perhaps Rendi is right, that he's trying to buy the love of his other siblings--and that he's sure of your love, which is a good thing. But you should tell him how you feel before it's too late. I'm really sorry for your pain.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #5
MPB

Sherry,

I just went through this with my four sisters, My father who loved to stir he pot between us girls, disinherited me and left about 125 thousand to each of them. I was not surprised by it because if you did not have the same view of life then him you had better keep it to your self!!

Well guess who could not.... My father was a rascist and very verbally abuse my whole life. Well when I was told that my cancer was back for the 4th time, NOT ONE of my SISTERS or mom and dad called me, you see over the last 12 years we have never really talked about it because then it would be real??? Go figure, so after my father's death this past spring I told my family to stay out of my life, You see I also did the hoildays, bithdays , family problems guess who was called upon. Well once I was told I had cancer, I stopped after the first year because they n ever gave a crap about all of the time, money and energy it took.

SO TELL HIM< before you can't and then you will be hurt and angry, and that it is not good for your health! Trust me been there done that!

MPB
Six new tumors on neck will be starting the MCC_DM1 trail this week.

"Believe in miracles, and watch them happen!"
MPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #6
KellyA

Dear Sherry,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through such a difficult situation. I am sure that it is already devastating to see your brother so sick in the first place, and that this is just an extra issue that you don't need. I truly feel that you need to express how you hurt you are. You know, no one knows how long they will be on this earth. Your other siblings don't sound so invincible, and as far as I am concerned, an inheritance is left to a person with good wishes and the intent to make life a little better for that person. I think you are a champ and will be here for a long time, but even if the worst were to happen, and you didn't have another 60 years to spend it, it could still bring a lot of joy through taking trips you might not have been able to, helping others in ways you always wished, or heck, if he really wants to show his love- he could help "the cause" in your honor so that others might not have to go through what you have. I agree, I would be very hurt. For me it reallly wouldn't even be about the money, but about the thought and about our relationship. Please express yourself, so that you don't spend time with bottled up resentment that may cloud the way you really feel about your brother.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #7
Mary Jo

Hi Sherry,
First off let me say that I am thankful you decided to bring this issue to us by your post. You definitely needed to get this off your chest and I'm happy you choose to to that.

Now, let me say, how sorry I am that your brother decided to do this. It truly sounds unfair (although I know fairness isn't what you are speaking of) and I think that you definitely need to sit down and talk this through with your brother. If you don't it will be something that will "eat" at you for the rest of your days and will always be a source of some anger and bitterness you feel towards your brother.

Sending hugs and encouragement to you Sherry.

Love,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #8
dhealey

Sherry, I agree with the others you need to tell your brother how you feel. Otherwise it will eat away at you and this is not good for your healing process. A year before I was diagnosised my husband and I bought a house from my father to help him out financially, we gave him a $20,000 downpayment to pay off one of the loans on the house and we took over the house payment. Later the house was foreclosed on as my father took the money and invested it (which he lost) instead of paying off the loan. We didn't know this until we were handed foreclosure papers (he had 2 loans on the house) We tried every way would could to save the house but in the end lost it. I went into a deep depression for about a year. Then my husband and I were able to purchase another house. I was diagnosised with my cancer 1 month later. I vowed never to have anything to do with my father again as I felt the stress from losing the house had something to do with my cancer. I struggled a long time before I finally forgave him. In order for me to heal I needed to clear the hate out of my heart. Please tell your brother how you feel if nothing else it will lighten the load you are carrying in your heart. WE ALL THINK YOU WILL BE AROUND FOR QUITE A WHILE BUT YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR SELF TO HEAL BY GETTING THE "JUNK" OUT OF YOUR LIFE.
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
tricia keegan

Hi Sherry, I believe you need to speak to your brother too, it need'nt be in a confrontational manner but let him know you do feel hurt about this..
maybe you could also drop a hint that you're really not expecting to go anywhere for quite a while to come!!
For some it can be a touchy subject but only if you make it so..good luck and I hope he understands.I too would be hurt at this whether I needed money or not,yourbrother has misread the situation and I'm sure it did'nt mean to hurt you.
Another idea is maybe have someone else tell him you're hurt if you really can't face the discussion yourself!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
Jean

Dear Sherry,
It always amazes me when people are rewarded just because they are blood, not because they are deserving.
It is a shame your brother doesn't understand that he has the wonderful opportunity to leave a beautiful legacy. He could donate some of the money to a worthy organizaton/or/charity. It is obvious that he has no ill feelings against you or your husband, since he told you about his will. Explain to him that an inheritance is a gift of love....

It is so important that he understand how hurt you are. It will not be an easy conversation for you, be prepared so you can handle the topic with
calm.

I have a dear friend who is an angel, and yet I have seen injustice to her that is not fair or even reasonable. She often says, "No Good Deeds Go Unpunished." Hopefully this will not be the case for you.

Kind Regards,
jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 11-12-2007 at 07:52 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #11
hutchibk

Sherry - as much as it used to scare me to be brutally honest or perceived as confrontational (and still does, but I battle through it) - if it were me, I would very factually tell him that he is wrong to think that you are OK with it, tell him that his decision hurts you and your husband deeply. I would set him straight, gently but firmly. In my opinion, morally, a will should honor those in your life who were present, loving, and giving first. Regardless what their life or financial circumstances are. Once that has been considered and decided, then, and only then, should others (whom you might feel responsible for, but who might not have contributed positively in your life) be considered for minor gifts.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #12
Vi Schorpp

Honesty

IS the best policy. I would be honest with your brother. Something along the lines of "I wasn't completely honest with you in expressing how I felt about your leaving everything to ... Upon reflection, I decided that I would feel (whatever word(s) you chose)...if I were able to treat my husband, who has always worked hard for me, and our children, to a (trip, vacation, memory)....Also, it would be nice to have money put away for your children's college (not sure of their ages)...

Tell him you don't want to feel penalized for always doing the right thing, for helping with no ulterior motives, etc.

I feel so badly for you...that is hurtful, but at least you're honest. My family (I'm one of 10 siblings) has always said that if everyone we knew died together -- we'd OWE money. No fortunes down the line, but that is alright!

Take care.
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
AlaskaAngel

suggestion

Sherry,

It sounds like you are considering what would be a good way to deal with it, in a way that fits YOU and your situation -- even though you can't know for sure what the outcome would be one way or the other.

If you think it might help you to look at all the alternatives in difficult situations, a book I found helpful is "Your Perfect Right".

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
fauxgypsy

My mother left almost everything to my stepfather and my half brother. There was very little involved but it still bothers me. I told her at the time that it wasn't fair. She said that I had a husband to take care of me. He really took care of me. I still resent it. My brother died before my stepfather and it is a real mess right now. But it does make you feel bad, of somehow feeling less important.

I feel like honesty is important. I do not understand why, if he has the money, you and your husband are having to pay expenses to take him to the doctor. My husband, the one I have now, not the one my mother referred, to has a saying. He says we have to pull our little red wagon together. It is okay to take care of others but not when it affects our ability to take care of our selves. Several years ago, I was hospitalized for depression. I did not know how to take care of me. During this time I learned about boundary issues. I think it would help you if you would read about boundaries. It seems to me that your family has similar issues. I learned that "No." is a complete sentence. Courtesy of Anne Lamott. I learned that it is okay for me to take care of me. I did not have to do everything that was asked of me, I did not have to loan money to my sibling and I did not have to pay my daughter's light bill. And that is okay not to take care of people who don't appreciate me. I have found that if I step back the world goes on without me. I am not saying that you should not help your brother, but that you should give others a chance to step up. He can afford to get someone to take him. Ultimately we are responsible for ourselves and I don't think we should reward people for screwing up. Sometimes people assume that you are strong and don't need them. It is very difficult to let that go and let people know that you can't do everything. I know you don't want him to feel that he has to buy your love, but is a very human need to be appreciated for what we do. It is very stressful being a saint. Or a martyr. Speak up, and don't get left with anger and resentment. He probably won't change anything. But it is okay for you to tell him how you feel. Do what you can for him without hurting you and your husband, financially or emotionally. If he needs you or your husband to take him somewhere, it is acceptable to tell him that you would love to but that you need him to pay expenses. Or that your husband cannot afford to take off work, because you have expenses because of your illness. These are reasons, not excuses.
I know this sounds very stream of conciousness writing but I have a craft sale coming up and don't have the time I would like to have to clean it up and write it right. I just hope it makes sense. If you get nothing else from this I hope that you will read up on boundaries. Please.

Leslie
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #15
CLTann

A heart to heart talk, non-confrontational but honest, is what you need to resolve the obviously unfair arrangement. It is the recognition for your past and present care, using your (including your husband) own time and money to help him out in both health and daily issues. Don't keep the problem inside of you, because it will not help you physically nor emotionally. Do this ASAP while he is still having a clear mind. Best of luck.

Stage 1 dx Sept 05
ER/PR positive HER2 +++ Grade 3
Invasive carcinoma 1 cm, no node involvement
Mastec Sept 05
Annual scans all negative, Oct 06
Postmenopause. Arimidex only since Sept 06, bone or muscle ache after 3 month
Off Arimidex, change to Femara 1/12-07, ache stopped
Sept 07 all tests negative, pass 2 year mark
Feb 08 continue doing well.
Sep 09 four year NED still on Femara.
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #16
chrisy

Dear Sherry, I really don't know how to respond. You've always spoken of your brother as such a good guy. It seems your brother does not want to intentionally hurt you and probably doesn't realize how this affects you - especially since he may think this was all "discussed" last year. It's important you let him know this. I agree, you need to share how you feel about this while you can. For both of you.

You've gotten a wide variety of responses on this thread - all based on people's very personal experiences with issues such as this. They are such tough issues - and it's so tragic that how the money is shared can so easily eclipse what is really important - which is how the love is shared.

Sherry, you've always been there for your brother, he knows this and expects this from you. He also knows that you will not turn away from him because of who YOU are. I can't begin to know how his thought process worked on this one (although I could make a lot of guesses). I think his slight is not deliberate - I don't think he set out to hurt you - but it is ill advised. Maybe he would want to understand how you feel.
Much love,
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
lilyecuadorian

Sherry I think that your brother is no wrong ..HE IS SUPER WRONG " because he should leave no only 70 K to you, he should have all the 200 k to you just because your are sick and for the same reason you can not work ......the other's are healthy and I agree w/ everybody that talk to him
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #18
tousled1

Sherry,

If I were in your shoes I would definitely have a talk with your brother. It's not that you and your husband "need" or "don't need" anything, it's a matter of principal. From what I've been reading you and your husband are the ones who have been giving your brother the support he needs. If you don't speak to your brother and tell him how his decision has affected you, before you know it you will begin to resent him through no fault of your own. And as for your brother thining that you don't have much time -- I'd have to tell him otherwise. You are a fighter and are going to be her for a long time to come. Please talk to your brother before a wedge is driven between the two of you.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #19
Vanessa

I agree with the rest, that you should talk to your brother and let him know how you feel. Grief sometimes makes people do strange things. I think you will feel better if you at least talk with him.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #20
kareneg

Dear Sherry,

You are a wonderful person and sister, talk to your brother while you still can. You are going to be around for a long time, don't live with this bottled up inside you. I pray that everything works out for you and I am praying for your brother also.

IDC
DX 1998 STAGE I ER+/ PR+
AC CHEMO TILL FEB 1999
Tamxofin till 2001
2001 exstensive liver mets and mets to lungs
Started weekly taxol
Jan 2002 found out I was strongly HER2POS+++ started herceptin continued with taxol and herceptin till June 2002 then from June 2002 till Jan 2005 just herceptin and Arimidex
2005 Navelbine herceptin had RFA Then back on taxol with herceptin
April 2006 progression again went on clinical trial with tykrerb/herceptin progressed on the started Xeloda/ herceptin
Feb 2007 started Doxil
August 2007 Taxotere,Carboplatin and Herceptin exstensive mets to liver and pancreas
October 2007 Had to stop Carboplatin due to sever allergic reaction
Jan 2008
Stopped Taxotere due to progression now on Gemzar and Herceptin
March 2008 Starting Carboplatin, Abraxane, and Herceptin.
kareneg is offline   Reply With Quote