HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
Alice

Ok Lani, This one's for you!

Hi there,
I hope you are still watching. I haven't seen a post from you in a while. I don't post often but I watch mostly. I have a class that I am in and we discussed the importance of T cells in the immune system for fighting cancer. I have not thought of this in many years but when I was in my early 20's my Dr. at that time told me that I was significantly low in the number of T cells in my blood. He said that this was controversial at the time and I would have a hard time finding information on the subject. He warned me to keep away from artificial sweeteners and to keep a healthy weight and a good diet. I have not thought much about the link to cancer until this class I am in, and now it is all starting to make sence. Do you, or anyone out there, have any up to date information on this?
love to hear from you, Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Lani

Just returned from a tiring 10 day trip

most of which was in an area so remote there wasn't internet access. Am
totally wiped out, but I can tell you that your question, an important one, has no simple answer. There are many different subsets of Tcells and their numbers fluctuate up and down independently for the most part ,it seems.

If I find a good review article on this or particularly pertinent items, I will try to post them.

Til then...
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Alice

Hi Lani,
Thanks for your responce. I hope your trip was a good one eventhough exaustive. I will keep a watch for any info that you come up with. I am just beginning to find out how much things are interrelated and it is amazing. I also have encountered things possibly due to my neuropothy that I had no idea could be related to it. What an amazing and complex thing we call our body! Thank you for all the research you do and information you pass on. It is always apreciated.
Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote