HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
RhondaH

Smile Just because...

I LOVE YOU ALL...I just wanted to give you ALL a GREAT BIG HUGGGG!!!!

I get emotional at the weirdest times...like now I'm crying, don't know why, but I am.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 AM   #2
dhealey

Ditto feelings that Rhonda has expressed! Sending lots of hugs to all my her2 breast cancer sisters around the world. May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving!
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
Jean

Your crying because your Thankful!
Big Hugs back to you with love,

Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
hutchibk

I give all my Thanks and love this year to HER2Support and my doctors and nurses!

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
nitewind

Rhonda, that is so sweet. It speaks volumes. I know how you feel, sometimes I'll read something here that has nothing to do with me and I'll cry just knowing that people who we've never met can care so much. I'm so grateful for everyone here.
hugs
2 cm/ 0 nodes
Lumpectomy rt breast on 7/26/06
ER/PR- / Her2+++
A/C x 4
finished taxotere 2/07
finished 33 rads
Herceptin finished 12/07/07 Yippee!
nitewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
suzan w

Wink

We cry because...we CAN!!! I am so grateful to have all of you in my life today! Happy thanksgiving!
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
lexigirl

Hugs to you sweet Rhonda. I am very emotional too this holiday season. Crying at the drop of a hat. I am very thankful for all of you and wish I could meet each one. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #8
Debra

Thank you Rhonda. I needed that tonight!

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
Patb

This is a great time to give thanks to Joe and Christine and all the members of this board for all the support all year long. Happy Thanksgiving to all and thanks for the hug. Right back at you.
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #10
Mary Jo

Hi Rhonda,

Thank you for the sweet message. I don't do as much on this site as I once did. It seems to have changed OR maybe I have. But you dear friend, remind me of what hasn't changed here and that would be SWEET SWEET people like yourself.

God Bless you Rhonda,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
Chelee

Rhonda, I would like to send my own "just because" right back at you. I think this is a time of year that many of us get more emotional then normal. I know I do. Sending lots of love and hugs your way..may you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.

Last edited by Chelee; 11-20-2007 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Incorrect spelling.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 PM   #12
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Taking The Best Of Many...

I am a person most of you know. I am all about feeling love and putting it out in this world every day. I give of myself because I truly care. I give the most precious gifts I have. The Lessons I've learned. The teachings I've found that changed my life remarkably, in the hopes my experience and readings will brighten others lives and at the very least plant a seed. And most respond so enthusiastically and gratefully. I am thankful in return, gratified beyond words. Then right here, with my Her2 family, I am suddenly badgered with the cruelest of hostility and labeling that is inaccurate and surely hurtful, as I can only think was intentioned.

It is not my words, my thoughts or exuberance that are pounced upon, but my --character. This board is not a place for such things. That is the sort of behavior found bar room brawls and street fights. This is so deeply disheartening to me, it is sickening. And I cannot allow such poison to fill my life.

So many dear sweet Souls can be found here and are on any given day and yet the spoiler's misguided assessments poison this site, our beloved home, and make me want to cry and stop sharing profundities worthy of all our consideration. As terrorists silence many creating an atmosphere of fear, they are injecting their venom.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident. IF WE LIVE LONG ENOUGH... Progressive thinking frightens people, as much as change of any kind. They feel they are losing their comfort zone and don't know how to act. I love my Sisters and friends on this uniting site that blesses so many lives. It is hard to find compassion for the ones who don't want to have intellectual discourse and lack propriety and the stuff that has always made this group of people so outstandingly superb. I pray that those who sit silently will become brave and work together to keep the elevated level of discussion at the point most of us have long enjoyed and would like to continue to see... So I too have love and tears and am reaching out to the good folks in our midst to push for what is right.

I can't go one defending my honor line by line, nor can I allow my words being taken out of context and misconstruing my feelings. Disagreement is not the issue. It classlessness and coareness that is unwelcome and spoiling something quite beautiful. Don't it slip through our fingers. Be a part of the solution, rather contributing with your silence, to terror tactics... I can't, and won't, do it alone.

My goal, as always, is to lift us all up by making us think, by making us discover new trails. We should not go where the path may lead, we should instead go where there is no path and leave a trail... Maintaining the status quo doesn't serve to help us to progress and expand, evolve and grow. Incorporating many ideas for a common goal is where we must move to be a actual value, don't you think?
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:25 AM   #13
eric

Ditto, ditto, ditto! I'm very thankful for everyone that contributes to the magnificent support on this site as well as the amazing people who give of themselves unconditionally. For me, out of this terrible disease, comes an understanding of the true goodness of so many people. I hope I've become a better person as a result of learning from others.

Thanks and love to all,
Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #14
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile Back At Ya SHWEETHEART!!!

Same feelings here Ladies, big hugs and constant prayers go out to the most incredible people I have ever known!! My Thanksgiving day will be the same day as any other for the thanks I give is forever ongoing. So thank you friends for giving me one more thing to be thankful for, for enriching my life beyond belief. Ed & I shall be home alone for the holiday, we will sit together and focus on us. We will reflect about where we were in 2006 and the place that we are at now. Our vigil will include all the small miracles we have to be thankful for all along the way. The best part is the fact knowing that you all have taken this ride with us and the comfort in knowing that you will continue to ride with us makes me smile right from my toes!! We also must thank you all for helping us to grow into two tough, persistant determined-to-get-to-NED fighters!! Always in our hearts...Forever Grateful>>Believe51 & Company
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #15
Jade

Add me

to this spontaneous emotional moment! Rhonda, what wonderful words, straight from the heart. It doesn't get more honest than that.
And Andi, I'm sorry for any negative response you've ever received here because all I have read that you have written has been purely from your heart. Your story is remarkable and I so much admire the way you have pulled yourself from heartbreaking adversity to a place where you have managed to not only 'heal' yourself but more incredibly and unselfishly are now trying, with all you have, to help others. And I want you to know that your words have been very powerful for me and have helped me tremendously on this crappy journey that none of us wants to be on. I read them over and over and am very grateful for the time, effort and love you send all of us.
Cyber hogs & quiches,
Jade
Aug.05 - began Herceptin every 3 weeks for 1 year
Aug.06 - ended treatment
NED
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote