HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
Chelee

Re: Cancer is back...I just knew it.

I saw my onc today and she was throwing so much at me I couldn't take it all in. (She knew I was upset with her for denying me scans 6 months ago when I was complaining of pain.) Now she is pretending like she cares & wants to get going on everything right now! I'm not impressed. Now I have what seems like a million appts & so many things to do in such a short time. I am so overwhelmed that I feel stuck if that makes sense. I've broke down & cried in front of her which I did not want to do...my emotions got the best of me.

She said I could get started this Monday on Herceptin & Zometa for my bones. She also said I could do TCH again...or Herceptin & Navelbine. (sp) She also started naming off Tykerb & other drugs...she didn't think I knew about them all. I've told her I live on the Her2 board...she doesn't listen.

I mentioned one tooth that is bothering me so I'm suppose to see a dentist asap and possible have a tooth extracted. (Which means how could I start Zometa if my tooth gets pulled?) They have an ECHO set up for me this Saturday and I had x-rays today of my hip & femur bone. I also demanded a brain MRI asap...so that's set up for this wk too. First Herceptin infusion will be Monday until I decided what chemo to take with it? (Any help in that area I would appreciate from my Her2 sisters.) I have labs to do and then a port accessment. I have no clue where or how they will place a port this time...it worries me. Herceptin infusion Monday will have to be done one time without a port. I hate the thought of no port...I have no veins left. Oh boy am I stressed out. I don't know how I'm going to get all this stuff done. So many appts in such a short amount of time. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted already and I haven't even started.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.

Last edited by Chelee; 09-22-2009 at 11:07 PM..
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote