HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
pattyz

Thanks from me, too, Bren

I was glad to see this too, Brenda... it was late for me ie. tired and without much energy... so did not get to read it all.

But, had time to send it to a gal, young teacher, who has "70 brain mets". Hoped to give her a bit of hope herself.

Yesterday I received this:

>>> Re: New To List/Brain/Lung/Liver ...

Reply to the list Patty:
Glad you found the BCWatchDigest site on CNS metastases (part of my Breast Cancer Watch website) - I'm the author and compiler, and I hope you will find it of help. It is maintained aggressively changing several times a month, sometimes even more frequently, so I am committed to keeping timely the review and critical appraisal of the latest - and pending - findings in this large and complex arena and I vet it regularly with oncology and neuro-oncology experts. Although it is as you must have noticed quite technical, and necessarily so (it is pending peer-reviewed publication), it should still be of value, and the references are live and hyperlinked to online sources to allow any degree of data mining by the user.
The review is dedicated to covering new ground not systematically covered elsewhere (capecitabine monotherapy or with TMZ/temozolomide, including latest positive findings just reported at ASCO 2009 and an important pending Turkish study; potential benefit of both capecitabine and bevacizumab in leptomeningeal, not just brain, metastasis; intra-CSF trastuzumab; systemic MTX (not intrathecal); high-dose AKBA (from boswellic acids), among numerous others).

Please note the underlined below, by me:

*** By the bye, you have figured, among others, in a recent installment of my Paths of Hope *** series:

http://nosurrenderbreastcancer.websi...p;postcount=22

*** this one on long-term brain tumor survivors ***

, which I periodically publish for the No Surrender Breast Cancer Support Forum, for which I serve as medical advisor:
http://nosurrenderbreastcancer.websitetoolbox.com/
specializing as I do in challenging advanced breast cancer, especially triple negative (TNBC), inflammatory (IBC) and metastatic (MBC) breast cancers, including CNS metatstases as well as bone, liver and lung, among others.

***So, it's nice connecting directly with you ***

through the highly valuable BCMets.org.
Constantine Kaniklidis
Medical Researcher
European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)>>>

p.z. here, now: So I was pretty surprised and wondered what's up with that??!! WHO? is this guy?? The "...among others..." included Christine I think. I sat with mouth open as I read through that first link he put in the message!

hugs to you, Brenda
xoxopatty

Last edited by pattyz; 07-04-2009 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: my nobrainer....
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote