HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Lani

Exclamation Oh no! Not ice cream, too! Risk of death from bc increases in survivors overindulgi

ng in high fat dairy foods, per the following study:

After breast cancer, high-fat dairy foods raise risk of death

Wed, Mar 6 2013

By Sharon Begley
NEW YORK | Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05pm EDT
(Reuters) - Women who have ever had breast cancer might want to walk away from the brie, the butter and the black cherry (and every other flavor) ice cream.

According to a study of 1,893 women, breast cancer survivors who average as little as one serving per day of high-fat dairy foods have a 49 percent higher risk of dying from breast cancer than those who eat little or no high-fat dairy.

In absolute terms, breast cancer survivors who consumed the most high-fat dairy had about a 12 percent risk of dying of the disease.

The elevated mortality risk is therefore "modest," said lead author Candyce Kroenke, a staff scientist at Kaiser Permanente, the nonprofit healthcare provider. "But since it may not be so difficult to lower your consumption of high-fat dairy, I think if you have breast cancer it's worthwhile."

The research, published on Thursday in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, is notable because more than a dozen studies since the late 1980s have examined whether consuming milk, cheese, ice cream and other dairy products is related to breast cancer. The results have been a confusing muddle: Some studies found that women who eat a lot of dairy have a higher risk of breast cancer, others found they have a lower risk and still others found no effect either way.

The Kaiser study is the first to separate out the effects of high- and low-fat dairy on women diagnosed with breast cancer.

The hormone connection might apply beyond breast cancer. A 2012 study found that drinking more whole milk was associated with worse survival among men with prostate cancer, while skim milk was associated with higher survival.

"This is a very well-done study by highly regarded researchers," said Dr. Michelle Holmes, associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Public Health, who was not involved in the research. It advances scientists' understanding of how diet affects breast cancer, she said, and presents women with a simple dietary choice: "It's for each woman to decide, but if you don't eat high-fat dairy you can get the same nutrients from other sources," including low-fat versions.

Total dairy intake had no effect on how the women - who had been diagnosed with stage 1, 2 or 3A invasive breast cancer and most of whom were post-menopausal - fared over the 11.8 years, on average, that the researchers tracked them.

But high-fat dairy, which means whole milk or cream and anything made with them such as cheese and ice cream, did make a difference.

Breast cancer survivors who ate one or more servings per day (according to a 120-item questionnaire they answered) also had a 64 percent greater risk of dying from all causes, but that was expected: A high-fat diet has long been associated with cardiovascular disease, among other illnesses.

The cancer risk was more surprising, if only because scientists have speculated that the vitamin D and calcium in milk might protect against cancer.

Instead, the estrogens in milk might be the problem, researchers say. These hormones, which promote some breast cancers, reside in milk fat. Less milk fat means less estrogens, so the estrogen content of skim, 1 percent and 2 percent milk and products made from them is relatively low.

Another reason to suspect estrogens rather than fat itself was that eating more saturated fat of all kinds did not raise the women's chances of dying of breast cancer as strongly as high-fat dairy did. That suggests that fat consumption per se is unrelated to breast-cancer mortality: nuts, chocolate, coconut and vegetable fats such as those in avocados did not increase the risk.

(Reporting by Sharon Begley; Editing by Jilian Mincer and Douglas Royalty)

HEALTH
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
europa

Re: Oh no! Not ice cream, too! Risk of death from bc increases in survivors overind

Crap. There goes my cheese.
Stage 2B +++ ER+(10%), PR+(5%), HER2+++(1 positive node, 1 micromets to second node)
AC started 12/2011 ended 1/2012
Taxol + Herceptin weekly for 12 weeks ended 4/2012
30 zaps of radiation done 6/2012
Tamoxifen 6/2012
every 3 weeks of Herceptin for another year.
Metformin Trial 8/12
10/12 MRI- CLEAR
01/13 BRAIN MRI- CLEAR!
01/13 Neck MRI- CLEAR!
FINISHED HERCEPTIN 1/9/2013...Woot Woot
Starting Walter Reed Vaccine Trial 2/13
CT Scans + ultrasound of abdomen CLEAR-5/13
02/2015 through 11/2015 emergency D&Cs for Tamoxifen induced uterine polyps which caused uncontrollable hemorrhaging
12/2015 blood clot to left leg caused by Tamoxifen. No longer taking it. On Xarelto, a blood thinner
12/2015 Ablation to prevent hemorrhaging from potential issues with Tamoxifen residue in my system
1/2016 continuing journey without hormonal therapy. Reevaluating the option of a hysterectomy and oopherectomy.
4/1/2018 2mm stroke. Yes, stroke! No cause ever found but they believe it was a migraine that went bonkers and created a tiny clot. No deficits. I was back to normal with 24hrs. Now on baby aspirin for life.
7/27/2018 hysterectomy and oopherectomy
01/07/2019 Mastectomy and expanders put in
3/22/2019 Vtach, almost died. Cause unknown.
7/22/2019 New perky boobs put in
7/21/2020 Off of all drugs but a baby aspirin because of the stroke in 2018.

www.mychemobag.org
www.facebook.com/mychemobag

8 YEARS NED
europa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
SoCalGal

Re: Oh no! Not ice cream, too! Risk of death from bc increases in survivors overind

No milk in marshmallows.
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #4
sarah

Good reminder. Jane Plant has written a lot about it and about living in Asia countries and noticing less breast cancer which was called by people over there the "rich woman's disease" and David Servan-Schreiber also mentions it in his anti-cancer book.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
Ellie F

I met Professor Plant who had ER+ bc herself and 'ditched the dairy'. What I feel remains unclear is the impact dairy has on her 2 breast cancer that is hormone receptor negative?Jane Plant also suggested that it may be growth factor crossing the gut that may have an impact on her 2. Interestingly at my onc centre they actively encourage patients to drink whole milk, cheese etc!
Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #6
Paula O

ONE serving of high fat dairy/day jumps the risk that much?! Yikes. I do like ice cream, yogurt, and cheese.

WWW.NotMilk.com is an interesting site to consider. I was off of dairy for years and years before cancer, have had some since. Many consider low fat dairy to be a good source of calcium and protein--others disagree. Green leafies, sesamie seeds, milk substitutes like rice milk and hemp seed milk are also good sources (some say on their label that they contain more calcium than cow's milk). I doubt all the steroids and hormones typically found in dairy along with the fat are health promoting either. I've read that skipping things that leech calcium out of bones (like soda) can help build strong bones along with dietary supplementation.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
dawny

Oh, dang it, that's chocolate too!
Abraxane weekly - 16 weeks
Herceptin every third week
September 26 2011 N.E.D!
Herceptin ongoing
8th Dec 2011 Brain MRI - clear
20th Dec 2011 bone/cat scan clear still NED
April 2012 scans show axillary node lump - ? what to do...
June 2012 Axillary node dissection 1/11 nodes affected, a wide local excision shows DCIS. Now what to do again? Watch and scan 3 monthly
April 2013, two spots in nodes to chest wall, start TDM1 (Kadcycla) as part of clinical trial
July 2013 stable
Oct 2013 progression off TDM-1 (Kadcycla)
Nov 2013 radiation to lymph nodes in sternum
Dec 2013. Mastectomy right side, pathology shows tumour was HER-2 negative, no wonder TDM-1 (Kadcycla) didn’t work!
April 2014 NED. On Herceptin only
August 2014 NED. On Herceptin only
March 2015. NED. On Herceptin only
September 2015 NED on Herceptin only
March 2016. Pulmonary embolism, Clexane injections daily forever. Still NED On Herceptin only
Nov 2016. Bone Mets in ribs - Radiation. Don’t know if bone Mets are er-/pr-/HER2+ or triple negative.
Can’t give self injections on to tablets (Xarelto) for blood clots.
2017 NED - On Herceptin only
2018 NED - On Herceptin only
2019 NED - On Herceptin only
2020 NED - On Herceptin only
2021 NED - On Herceptin only
dawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #8
Ellie F

Only just started having chocolate and now this!
Ellie
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
jaykay

Chocolate is okay (per Lani's article post). How much whole milk is too much? I have to have whole milk in my coffee!

Not really an ice cream eater - but yogurt and cheese? I do try to buy low fat versions of both.

Can't be anal about everything. Could get hit by a car tomorrow.

Janis
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
October, 2012: Bi Mast with tissue expanders, port placement
Final Path: IDC 2.8cm, DCIS, 1/4 sentinal nodes positive (@#$%). Stage IIB
Nov 29, 2012: Begin TCH/6x/every 3 wks, H for 1 year/every 3 weeks.
March 14, 2013: Finished chemo
April 9, 2013: Begin radiation 28x
May 22, 2013: Finished rads
June 1st, 2013: Started Aromasin for 5 yrs.
July 15, 2013: Switched to Letrozole (Femara). Probably for the rest of my life
October 16, 2013: Exchange surgery
October 31, 2013: Finished Herceptin
December 5, 2013: Port removed
Glad this year is over!
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
'lizbeth

I'm toast. Is this also for ER- breast cancer?

I really don't want to give up my ice cream, milk, cheddar cheese and chocolate . . . sobbing . . . boo hoo . . . sniff sniff.

Oh chocolate is okay? Thank heavens, some consolation.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 03-15-2013 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: additon
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
LoisLane

I tend to buy organic milk with no hormones so I hope that helps somewhat. I should remember to buy the organic yogurt as well. I feel I am doing the best I can, but I am still going to have that piece of cheese (or two) when I want. I dont eat much ice cream because it hard to find pure ice cream without any additives. I pick up the Hagaen Daz ice cream and take a look at the saturated fat content and almost fall over and then put it back in the freezer at the supermarket. Because I am ER+ I am aware of watching the estrogen. However I still want to indulge in the piece of chocolate cake etc when I go out. I suppose I get more worried about drinking wine than eating cheese and creme brule etc. I do love to have wine with dinner when we go out (2 glasses per week) but even so I think we need to live and have fun! Cheers all have a good weekend Loia
Her2 negative
lymph nodes negative
venous/lymphatic invasion absent
ER+PR-
Stage I Grade 2
Radiation and Femara

November 2008
Lumpectomy right breast
2 tumours .03 cm and .05 cm and extensive DCIS
.05 tumour Her2+
lymph node negative
venous/lymphatic invasion "indeterminate"
ER+PR low postive
Stage 1 Grade 2

January 2009
bilateral mastectomy
chemotherapy taxotere
Herceptin one year
Femara
LoisLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
BonnieR

And I just had the best quesadillas last night! And tres Leches cake! You know, I am getting so tired of all these studies and warnings. Of course I want to be prudent and eat mindfully. But I also want to indulge in pleasurable things and enjoy the new lease on life that I have been given. Moderation is my mantra most of the time
Keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
dearjilly

Oh poo! I really love the cheese. I do, however, buy organic milk, butter, and cheese. I wonder if that makes a difference.
YAY to the chocolate, I think I might go have some dark now!
ciao!
April 2013 - GOT MARRIED!!!!
May 2013 - looks like no progression, but necrosis and bigger.
Oct-Dec 2013 - Avastin tx
Nov 2013 - MRI shows necrosis shrinkage!!!!
Jan 2014 - Lepto Mening. disease found
Feb 2014 - WBR
March - BLAHHHH
April 2014 - Liver mets found
April 2014 to present - Chemo again, whooohoo. Fun!
July 2014, scans look good.
Stay on Perjetand hercertin.
Nov. 2014 more lepto-mening disease more WBR.
Feb 2015 more lepto-mening disease in spine and neck. More radiation.
Start on TDM1 no more Perjeta stay on herceptin
March 2015 more radiation in my thoracic area, more lepto-meningial disease
April 2015 trying to walk again.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
dearjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #14
Ellie F

Been checking the labels of milk chocolate! Even organic says it contains whole milk hence high fat! Why is this Ok when cheese isn't??

ellie
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #15
Lien

I knew there had to be an advantage to being allergic to dairy products!

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
Sydneybased

Smile Re: Oh no! Not ice cream, too! Risk of death from bc increases in survivors overind

Greetings all.

Think of it this way.

We accept the importance of being treated with chemotherapy because it could help save our life. This is with all the horrendous side-effects.

We also accept that we should be treated with surgery, radiation, tamoxifen/AIs, and herceptin, again, with sometimes very significant side effects - and at great cost in terms of time spent hanging around health institutions.

Cutting out dairy is a small thing to ask compared to these other big asks, and with growing evidence that it makes a difference, why are we thinking twice about it?

Just thinking out loud.....
Sydneybased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #17
Ellie F

Guess its because all the info we get bombarded with is often inconclusive and often the research is conflicting. Still can't 'get' why chocolate containing whole milk hence high fat is ok ( according to post) but butter and cheese is not??

Ellie
Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #18
'lizbeth

The dairy issue is in The China Study. I have the book somewhere around the house. It connected increased consumption of milk with higher cancer rates.

I do take feel that our "acceptance" of the current treatments for cancer is part of the problem. As consumers who are voting with our dollars, we need to demand more effective treatments with less toxic side effects.

I look at some of the studies and think, really? Who thought these up? Where is the Kadcyla/TDM1 comparison to a taxane for early breast cancer? Where is the comparison of a combination of Herceptin/Perjeta against a taxane for early breast cancer?

Are there not studies that show exercising at a certain level gives a tremendous benefit in reduction in recurrence.

Why are more women not flocking into vaccine trials for prevention or recurrence?

Are we too accepting of the sacrifice of our quality of life for a longer and miserable quantity?

I think that we all should be asking more questions about cancer treatment and cancer prevention.

I'm bombarded with conflicting studies . . . who can you really believe.

a little frustrated with the current paradigm in cancer treatment and voicing my concerns . . .

I've already omitted the whole milk, and added almond and soy.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
Ellie F

Well put! It's almost like we're brainwashed into accepting this is how it is! I also think its a global problem generating serious money for a lot of economies hence the reluctance to fund other treatments that may end up cheaper or heaven forbid cure us!! I truly believe in the future ppl will look back and see how barbaric our current treatments are!
Ellie
Ps Bit frustrated also that we don't seem to be able to deal with the fallout either with good treatments for example lymphoedema!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
linn65

What??? No Cheese, and I eat those little cubed cheese with Mont/Jack cheese frequently. Also, I eat chocolate I think daily!! Then the last few days my snack at night has been Drum Sticks Ice cream cones. Someone said with all the HUGE treatments we have done this is a SMALL thing.....Well, small things become HUGE when it is comfort food to help with all these HUGE things going on!! Geez, everything causes cancer I think. I think I just got the short stick of the DNA in my family...They all eat just as bad as I do.

I wonder if I shouldn't eat Bread-N-Butter pickles now because I have been eathing those the past few days because they sound good.

Oh and I eat cereal several times a week with 2% milk. Ugh this seems like a lot of work.
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote