HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2003, 03:27 PM   #1
Lolly

Sorry to take so long to answer Linda, we've had a power outage for 3 days and finally got lights (and heat and hot showers and computer back!Thanks Janelle for the link, I was remiss not to post one!
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 01-01-2004, 02:53 AM   #2
Kathie in New Jersey

Thanks for everyone's response. I went to my family Dr and he is sending me to a gastro Dr and ordered a swallow study. For the past two days I could actually eat anything but today I feel like it is back. I stopped taking my Nexium and thought that may be it but evidently, no. I also think the nausea is from Femara, just started that two weeks ago. Every morning now I wake up feeling like I was hit with an ugly stick. Hopefully this too shall pass. Happy New Year and I will keep you posted
Kathie
Old 01-08-2004, 07:06 AM   #3
Stephanie

When my cancer went to my liver I was put on a very severe round of chemo and herceptin. I was given weekly taxol, navelbene and herceptin. One of my problems at times during the treatment was with swallowing. This was quite bothersome. I had normal radiation to my upper right quadrant and no surgery above my breast and lower underarm. The problem was all due to the treatment and gradually improved when I was able to get off treatment with a MIRACULOUS complete response. This defeat of my active disease took 7 months. One of the ways chemo drugs affect us is to damage our deep tendon reflexes. My arm does not move when hit with the rubber hammer. It is all tied to things such as the cramping in legs feet and hands. The swallowing difficulty is one that is notmuch written about and can be rather scary when not on the lists of symptoms we get.