HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #21
Barbara2

Smile Let it go

I hope you will reconsider...I so enjoy reading your posts...you are honest, to the point, positive, encouraging.

When I come to this site, I start from the bottom, reading the new posts that I have not yet seen, skipping over anything that is not of interest to me. Not that each message isn't of value, but I pick and choose those that will be beneficial to me.

This is a wonderful site with a wealth of knowledge, much more than I could find anywhere else, unless I wanted to spend hours upon hours searching. But it's all here. Old and new news, good and bad.

When someone has written a post with which you do not agree, let it go, and move on to what interests you. Please don't let someone else's opinions send you away from something that you know is of value to you.

I haven't been to this site for 5 or 6 days...busy...company. I am not totally sure of what the tiff was all about, but it doesn't matter. Life is too short for anger and the baggage that comes with it. Let it go. You will be happier for it, and so will we.

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #22
Mary Jo

Thank you Barbara for that friendly, yet "I had it coming" reminder as to how short life is and how silly it is to hang onto anger and to let it fester.

I have already posted an apology for this post BUT want you to know that I have read your post and couldn't agree more with what you said. Can I blame my blunder on PMS??????? Please?????????????????

Your "sister" in the Lord,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #23
Erin

Mary Jo,
I have only been lurking the last couple of months, as I have found spending too much time on the site makes me over-focus on bc, and keeps me from moving on with my life. But I had to reply to your post. I don't think you were out of line - what you said was not a personal attack, just an opinion on a point of view. You don't need to apologize to anyone. Everyone has the right to their views, including you!

You and I have exchanged comments on this issue before, and I share your sentiment. There are some posts I simply don't open since I know they will infuriate me. I choose to believe those posts are meant to be helpful, but they often come off like a lecture to me. I DO believe that a positive attitude helps, but I take issue with the idea that we can control the outcome of our situations primarily through our thoughts. In fact, a refusal to look honestly at the situation, a refusal to acknowledge our fear and grief, is not good either. I do not believe in "magical thinking" - talking about our fears does not make them real.

I have always loved your posts - you are so direct, funny, and refreshing. I hope you will come back when you are ready.
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote