HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #21
phil

Re: FDA Blocks Life-Saving Cancer Drug Rally

Jackie, I thought about the Congressmans ltr. , decided , what the heck, I'll do a ' Michael Moore " thing, and call . I got a response ! The " FDA Executive Secretariat " called me back, asked me to e-mail a request to meet w/ The Commissioner, state " purpose of meeting " , etc. So , I will send in the form e-mail this week. Not sure the Bureaucracy will come through, but we'll keep trying !!
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #22
schoonder

FDA Commisioner since early 2009 came up with a fantastic idea:

"Hamburg has said that the FDA needs to take into account the needs of people with deadly or debilitating diseases that may be willing to take on the risks of unproven drugs."

Well Peggy you're in charge, don't talk about it, git't done!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fda-cu...122000881.html
schoonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #23
phil

Thanks , Schoonder , for keeping up the fight. Lifted my spirits to see the FDA Rally thread again, it was less than a year ago that we began to put the Spotlight on This Shady FDA with the Rally. Its just " empty talk " with This FDA . Their actions speak much , much louder than their words , or their lack of action. I mean this whole drawn out process w/ T DM-1 is now just absurd. grotesque. These empty words. Notice in the article that THEY will approve when THEY " determine Benefit / Risk ". We have NO SAY. I say we picket This FDA , on a Monday, because They always choose Fridays to revoke, conditionally approve bc drugs - to hide.
We at Our Her2Cancer Struggle support the TREAT ACT, to overhaul the FDA drug approval process. Sen. Kay Hagan , NC. But we want it amended to include Survivor participation. e-mail karen_wade@hagan.senate.gov, ask her to continue to meet with me , and our organization. e-mail margaret.hamburg@fda.hhs.gov , tell her we are not fooled by " empty jargon " We Demand T DM-1 Approval Now !!
phil is offline   Reply With Quote