HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Carmichael Cathy

Questions about possible MET symptoms

I am still fairly new to this group, had a double masectomy with reconstruction 4/1/2010 for Stage IIa BC, triple positive, 6 rounds of TCH, 25 rounds of radiation, am on Herceptin until Monday (last infusion!), and am on Femara. I had a PET scan last April and it was clear. I have a few questions that have been nagging at me.

1) My left arm hurts a lot, comes and goes but hurts enough to take Advil 3-4 times a week and sometimes that doesn't touch it. Had 11 lymph nodes out on that side, none on the other side as there was no cancer found in that breast. Was wondering how the pain from a masectomy might be different than bone mets, and when or if I should be concerned.

2) My joints hurt a lot, came on about 2 months ago at a point where I had been on Herceptin for about 10 months and Femara for at least 6 months. I would imagine that these symptoms are side effects from these drugs, but once again was wondering if I should be concerned.

I guess in general I was wondering when I should get concerned as I don't want to call my Oncologist every time I have an ache or pain. Thank you!

Cathy
Carmichael Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote