HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Colleen

High bilirubin counts

Has anyone out there experienced above normal bilirubin counts with chemotherapy? I was diagnosed in November 2013 with stage 4 HER2 BC; one met on dome of liver and 7 nodes with a 2.5 centimeter tumor in right breast. I received 6 cycles of taxotere, herceptin and perjeta. Continue receiving perjeta and herceptin every 3 weeks. Base line metabolic panel and the first two after treatment began showed bilirubin in normal range, then bam! Upward slope to twice the high of the normal range. The count is fluctuating but not down into the normal range. My scans are clear, NED. I am currently working with my GI to get to the bottom of this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
linzer

Re: High bilirubin counts

Sorry you've this added worry. I didn't want to read and not respond. I checked my online history for bilirubin and it never went above .4 throughout or after treatment with AC/Taxol/Herceptin/Perjeta. I realize that's not comforting, but I wanted to check in and let you know that I'm thinking of you. Please keep us updated. Linda

6/11/14 Taxol / Herceptin / Perjeta

9/17/14 Lumpectomy, axillary lymph node dissection 3/9 nodes showed previous involvement but all clear due to THP!!

9/24/14 NED

10/8/14 AC x 4

12/16/14 rads x 20 WBRT only
linzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
tricia keegan

Colleen I don't have any advice to offer but having read your question I wanted to respond and hope others will have more help for you.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #4
Lucy

I just looked to see what my tests reflected. When the numbers are "off" the link is in red and none of mine were in red so I'm assuming they were all normal so I didn't open them. Having said that, I had been told that they will allow your numbers to get to 3 times the normal high before they discontinue a treatment. They didn't specifically say the bilirubin but that would be where I would start asking - when it's a definite problem and when it is an expected side effect to a treatment. My experience has been that often times doctors assume you know what they do so they don't tell you things or explain things. Maybe it's just a matter of asking the right question? I hope that's all it is. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this on top of everything else. Best of luck and keep us posted. Sending cyber hugs your way!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote