HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #1
kathy

Hi Everyone.
I just got my test results from my scans done on Friday. I have mets to liver and bones. My disease has progressed. The tumors have nearly doubled in size. I was currently taking Taxetere, Carboplatin, and herceptin. Previous drugs used were Navelbine and Herceptine which worked great for 8 months, then disease progression. I start Xeloda tommorrow. I feel like I've been hit over the head with the news today. Is anyone out there on Xeloda and having good results. My onc is taking me off of Herceptin because its not doing the job either. I'm feeling really depressed today. I pray for each and every one of you ladies everyday. Please help.
Hugs,
Kathy
Old 12-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
Linda in MI.

Hi Kathy,

Sorry about your news. It must be especially difficult during the holidays. Are you er+? Have you tried any hormonal therapy? Also, are you a candidate for that liver resection procedure, I forgot the name of it but I know there have been many posts about it on this website.

Just try not to panic. There are always more options. How long were you on the TCH?
Perhaps you could try some of the new trials. Lots of things going on per this website as well as new news from San Antonio. Just do your best to keep your stress level to a minimum so your body and mind can continue fighting.

THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS--REMEMBER THAT!!! Just know that all your angels are right there beside you at all times and we will get you through this girlfriend!!

Blessings, Hugs, and Prayers,

Linda in MI.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:50 PM   #3
kathy

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for responding. On top of everything I'm ER-. Just my luck. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic. My onc attended the conference in San Antonio, She's trying to get the drug called GW016 for me. She said its new and works better than Herceptin. I was on TCH for a short time. (14 weeks). I pray Xeloda will work for me.
Love,
kathy
Old 12-09-2003, 02:10 PM   #4
Lolly

Kathy,
Please read Christine's post below from December 7, "New Drug for Her2+++". The drug is GW 572016, and Phase III trials are recruiting. So that's another option for you. I am sure it feels as if this disease is closing in on you but it's days are numbered, I firmly believe this! Our job is to keep persevering, and as new treatments come out we can again gain the upper hand. We're here for you, don't give up. You are in my thought's and prayers.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 PM   #5
Christine

The drug GW016 shows great promise. Its full designation is GW572016.

Below is a link to all of the clinical trials currently underway for this drug. Phase III clinical trials test the drug's effectiveness using many patients.

I spoke with representatives of GSK in San Antonio. They were very excited about its prospects.

Hugs
Christine