HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
kathy

Has anyone out there had liver ablation or know anything about the procedure. What is the criteria for having it? This is really new to me and I'm trying to get information to see if that might be an option for me. Thanks.
Kathy
Old 12-10-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
Kathie in New Jersey

Sorry I never had it done but there has been a couple of ladies that did. From what I remember they were all a sucess. Good luck to you. I am sure they will respond to this question.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:46 AM   #3
Joe

Kathy,
Use the search function on our message board. Type in abelation and you will see many posts on this subject.

Warmest Regards
Joe
Old 12-10-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
sherry

Kathy

I had liver ablation in August of 2002. I would be happy to answer any questions if you have specific ones.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:37 AM   #5
smith

I had rfa on Oct 8. I had a ctscan 3 weeks later that said the tumor was dead. I just had a pet scan done last week. The liver still showed a hot spot, but the doc said he thinks that the area still has some swelling in it. I had no new spots so am NED! The doc I used for the procedure required you to have 3 or less lessions of 3cm or less in size. You could have no mets anywhere else. Each doc has slightly different criteria for the surgery. So check out several different ones if you get a no from the first one.
Good luck.