HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2003, 06:34 AM   #1
Shannon

I thought I would report that I was taken off a Herceptin clinical trial last Friday because I had two mugas come below normal(32% & 43%). The mugas were two consecutive ones and they said I had to quit. I don't know what to think about it. My doc said that that they really don't know how long someone should stay on it and that the 6 months that I did have it may have been enough. They just don't know.

I am Stage 2 and was suppose to continue on Herceptin until May of next year. So, I am trusting that that was enough to take of business. So, I am not taking anymore drugs at this point and it feels a little strange that I am flying without a net now. Doc says I am NED and to get on with life.

So, that's what I'm going to try to do and put this behind me and hope and pray it doesn't rear it's ugly head again in my life.

I will continue to come on board to check in with everyone and hopefully to help anyone any way I can because I know how important that was for me when I first signed on to this board.

xoxo,
Shannon
Old 12-12-2003, 01:10 AM   #2
eleanor

Shannon, we'll keep you in our prayers.
Hopefully you'll go on to lead a very long and healthy life.
El
Old 12-12-2003, 03:06 AM   #3
Lolly

Shannon,
I think it's wonderful for you! I'm sure it feels strange though, and will take some getting used to. However, be religious about any follow up's and continue to moniter yourself, as that is your first line of defense. Best wishes for a long and blessed life!
hugs,
Lolly