HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
Danielle

Smile A Special Note on Christine's Birthday, From Her Daughter

Hi all,

I just wanted to come here and talk to you all on behalf of my sister, Debra, and me.

Today is what would have been the founder of this support group (and my mother) Christine Druther's 67th birthday.

On this special day, I'm in her 'hometown' of New York City for work, and have plans to head to East Village and pick up one of her favorite Italian desserts as a small 'celebration' in her honor.

When I think back on my mother's legacy, I can't help but think about all of you here on the HER2 Support website. She loved you all so much and was continuously inspired by all of your stories and the bonds you were able to build during such a critical time in your lives.

The fact that you all still continue using this, and that her 'HER2 sisters' Steph, Rhonda, and Becky continue to make sure this space remains maintained and available for you, speaks volumes and touches both my sister and me very much in the years following her passing.

Two things my mother always said were so crucial to her journey were positivity and a song. I know that pretty much all of us have a favorite song - a song that really keeps us feeling upbeat. On this special day, I hope you give that song a listen - both for yourself and for Mom.

God bless every single one of you. And from my sister and I, the warmest of hugs,

Danielle Druther
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote