HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
mamacze

Smile POLL: Any Stage IV deciding to go off Herceptin?

Hi Girls!
My oncologist wanted me to ask ... all of you who are Stage IV and NED for several years.... what are your treatment protocols? I was diagnosed in March 2004 with mets to the liver and lungs and have been on Herceptin since. The tumors in my liver and lungs responded right away to the Herceptin (and navelbene at first) and I have been NED since. Have any of you gone on a drug holiday? How many of you are using the Bayer serum test? If you are, did you have a baseline done? How often are you being scanned. Thank you all for your comments. Love Kim from CT

Last edited by mamacze; 10-06-2008 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: typo
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
Vi Schorpp

Hi Kim

it's great to "see" you back! I've missed your posts, and it sounds like things are well. Andrea Barnett Budin comes to mind, you might want to research some of her latest posts...Andi will probably check in, so I'm sure I'm jumping the gun.
Her2++, ER & PR++
RB Mastectomy, 4 AC,
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
pattyz

Kim,
At mets dx I went on Navelbine/Herceptin for several months. Follow-up scans showed NED in body. I was offered H alone and did that for ? maybe 2/3 mos.

Since my mets have been exlusively in my brain ever since then, I have not been on Herceptin by choice for the past near 6 yrs. I remain NED in body.

However, I have also been on Xeloda/ Temodar for 3 yrs for my brain mets. Don't know if that's made any difference to body, nor how to ever tell.

We added Tykerb last fall, but I had slight brain met progression until we upped my X/T chemo dosage/ went 7on/7off. "Stable" for now once again.

I decided to stop the Herceptin as it was not thought to cross the bbb and would not help the brain mets that were the priority issue.

pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Sheila

Kim
Great to see your post....I am not NED, thus I continue on Herceptin with Taxol right now...seems every time I achieve stable or NED, I take a chemo holiday (never from Herceptin) and the big "C" rears its ugly head again.... so back on chemo with the Herceptin...this has been for the last 3 years....5 straight on Herceptin.

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
Mary Jo

Hi Kim,

I can't help with your question but did want to say "hi" and to say that it's SO good to "see" you again.

So glad you continue to do well and know you will find the answers you are looking for here.

Love and Peace,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
Joe
Webmaster

Kim,

I amswered your PM. Feel free to call Christine anytime this afternoon...your time.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
Kim in CA

Hi Kim,

Great to hear from you! I have thought about going off Herceptin many times, but kind of hate to mess with the good thing I've got going! I am toying with the idea of taking a break when I reach the 5 yr mark of being NED. We will see how I feel about it then as that is still 2 years away.

Kim in Ca

PS. My onc will go along with pretty much whatever I decide at this point.

5/1997 Hi Dose Chemo w/ Stem cell rescue. Spent 4 weeks in isolation ward. Then 6 weeks radiation.

9/2001 widespread mets to liver. 8 mos Taxotere/Herceptin brought me almost to NED. Stop Taxotere & add Femara .

11/2002 liver resection to remove spot that turned out to be necrosis. Officially NED!

7/2003 Tumor markers rising add Xeloda Disastrous reaction, 8 days hospital, but tumor markers came back to normal!

June -Dec 2004 UW Vaccine Trial.

7/2005 MRI single 11mm brain met
8/2005 Gamma Knife.

Brain MRI @3 months NED!

2006-2011 brain/body still NED

8/04/11 Taking Herceptin break, will monitor with tumor markers.

6/20/12 Tumor markers begin to rise. CA15-3 is 31.3 and Her2 Serum is at 17.1 Decide to repeat in one month.

7/23/12 CA15-3 now 49.3
Her2 Serum 26.8

8/6/12 Back on Herceptin
CA15-3 now 76
Her2 Serum now 49

11/7/12 Add weekly Taxotere for 4 cycles

2/2013 Stopped Taxotere added Perjeta. MRI shows approx. 50% reduction liver mets. CA15-3 still elevated @ 55. Will continue on just Herceptin & Perjeta.

November 2014 Continuing on Herceptin, Perjeta, and
Femara indefinitely. Guess I'm NED again, but watching those tumor markers carefully!

Dec. 2015 PET scan reveals mass in perirectal area of abdomen.biopsy confirms. Still Her2+, but no longer ER+. Bye bye Femara

Jan 2016 Begin Kadcyla

March 2016 PET scan shows tumor now barely visible, still NED everywhere else.
2016/2017 continue Kadcyla

November 2017 brain MRI reveals small focus of T2 hyperintensity with possible 4mm enhancing nodule. Short term follow up MRI suggested. Stay tuned...
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile I Never Felt More Energized And Alive Before!!

Please read my signature and cut and paste the link below for my story... AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST... BELOW THE BUTTERFLY

10 yrs of Herceptin. 10 yrs of remission.

My oncologist and my husband and I have decided to proceed, untethered yet ever vigilant. More jubilant than fearful, though it is surely a bit scary out here in uncharted waters.

But, guess I am used to being in the guinea pig group. Despite all odds and all the poor prognoses, I am called the miracle patient.

Onc was concerned about my building up a resistance to H. Believes the cancer cells that were in my body 10 yrs ago are gone. I can always return to H, if God forbid a trillion gezillion times an occasion arose. I have not burned any bridges behind me. And the H would likely work even better, says my Onc.

Plus I explain the toll te every 3 wk infusions were taking on me psychologically, without even realizing it.

I know Dennis Slamon has told a few women in similar circumstance, You're far enough out now. Don't worry. Go live your life.

I know 3 women who have chosen this route, much like me.

ANYONE ELSE??? Pray tell!!

Thoughts... Info... I surely understand the reservations, but...

I welcome your questions and any feedback!

With love,

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35423
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 10-06-2008 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: clarity
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
Unregistered

Hi Kim,

Congratulations on such a long time of NED! I was diagnosed at stage IV right off the bat. After 3 months of TCH, my scans showed NED. (That was in June 2007.) I continued with 3 more months of TCH, and I have been on Herceptin and Femara alone (with Zometa) ever since. I have only been NED on Herceptin alone for a bit over a year, so I have not yet had to face your wonderful dilemma. Although I am not absolutely sure, my impression is that my oncologist would continue the Herceptin as long as it was working and one's heart was doing OK. I believe that she has patients who have been on Herceptin alone for 4-6 years. You might have your oncologist contact her to get her opinion. She is an expert on Her2 positive disease. Her name is Dr. Hope Rugo, and she is at UCSF in San Francisco. The general number there is (415) 353-7070. Alternatively, Drs. Slamon, the one who discovered Herceptin, might be another good person to contact, as would Dr. Pegram.

I believe that both Christine and Andrea recently stopped their Herceptin treatments, but I think each of them were around 8 years out or so.

Good luck! I am encouraged by your success.

Best regards,

Jill
Old 10-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
fullofbeans

1)
I have been NED for 1.8 year and feel that it is still early days to stop H now..will continue.

2)
I get a CT scan every 4 months

but not sure what I should do and would really be please is the other stage 4 NED answered that question! please could you tell us what is your own scanning schedule? Thanks for an interesting question

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama

Last edited by fullofbeans; 10-06-2008 at 12:39 PM..
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile The Big *what To Do* Question...

You can note from my signature that I did 9 mnths of Taxotere when my bc recurred throughout my liver. We added the Herceptin after the first set of scans (chest/abd/pelv -- w/ and w/o contrast) 8 wks from beginning chemo. Wanted to be sure the T was working. Some shrinkage was noted in ea tumor.

I remained on H till this past July. 10 yrs.

I started w/ev 8 wk scans. Then eventually moved to ev 3 mnths and then ev 4, w/the caveat that I should not go any longer between scans. I am NOW at ev 6 mnths.

I get full blood workup w/lipid profile, tumor markers, CBC and everything you can think of ev 3 mnths. I collect ev report and ev test result. I keep bld w/bld, scans w/scans, mammos w/mammos, etc.

I go for ev 6 mnth transvaginal pelv sono -- to be told that my ovaries look beautiful.

I was going ev 6 mnth for ECHO cardiograms and eventually graduated to annually.

I will continue the ECHOs b/c I developed a small peri-cardial effusion (fluid around my heart w/Taxotere). To keep an eye on it.

I had also developed a pleural effusion (around my lungs) w/Taxotere but that slowly dissipated after a long while being off Taxotere.

I still have my port (of necessity) since no veins in my good arm work. Not that any in my other arm ever worked to begin with...

I have been running on fumes, believing H kept mets at bay. I remained NED from May '99. Now, if you read my COME MEET THE NEW ME and other related posts, I have -- after 10 yrs -- decided to let go of my blankie.

5 yrs ago going off H was suggested and both my husband and I felt that we shouldn't go around fixing what wasn't broken. If we could withstand the H financially (insurance continued to cover the costs), psychologically (which I felt I was doing -- remaining on longterm chemotherapy for the rest of my life) and physically (getting few side effects other than chronic fatigue, no small matter but relatively speaking not the worst thing -- and -- getting good ECHOs) -- we felt I should stick w/the plan.

H, after all, is the *easy* chemo. It could have been so much worse. But now I am ready to move on, at my favorite oncologist's urging.

Please read my posts re this topic. Much to talk and think about...

I send you energy full of wellness...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
Lani

Kim

I remember having posted a couple of articles on the advantage of continuing herceptin even with brain mets

I did a quick search and came up with
http://theoncologist.alphamedpress.o...ull/12/12/1467

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php
t=34972&highlight=brain+mets+continuing+herceptin

I am not reminding you of these papers to try to influence your treatment--just providing them for your armamentarium on which to base decisions, current or future

PS this was a very very brief search using her2's search engine--I may have posted more
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
Sherryg683

I have been on Herceptin ever since my diagnosis almost 3 years ago. I guess I will be on it forever. My Oncologist has mentioned that it's not proven that it's beneficial this far out but seeing the women on this board that are stage IV and still NED, it seemed like they were all on Herceptin indefinately, so mines fine with doing it, if I am. I hope to one day be 10 years out and consider getting off it, right now I'm just not there yet..sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
Sherryg683

Oh yea, I now have scans every 6 months. I was doing this every 3 months the first 2 years. ..sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
mamacze

Smile A pattern seems to be developing...

To all my "sisters" - thank you for your feedback; and for those who have yet to log on, please keep it coming!

It seems like I see a pattern developing. It looks like we are staying on Herceptin for 9 - 10 years if our cardio can take it; then going off. Scans seem to settle at every 6 months. I also noted that in this small number of long term Herceptin users, at least 2 of us participated in the U of W vaccination trial. (Me and Kim from CA....anyone else?!)

And Lani, you are kind to attach articles, but darn it, I couldn't get them to open up. I will try on my own to search relevant articles.

Keep it coming angels! Stay well and strong!
Love Kim from CT
Old 10-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #16
StephN

Wink

Dear Kim -
Great to learn that you are still doing so well and here "taking advice." Way to go, Lady!

I still get my Herceptin each three weeks. I did take a short 3-month "Herceptin Holiday" beginning of 2007, but huge stresses came along that I had no control over and I did not like feeling that my body was to at its best as well as unprotected from a cancer flare-up. So cut it short at the 3 months.

Used the Bayer (now Siemens) HER2 serum test three times and had nearly the same result each time.
I asked to have it again recently and my onc replied that she did not feel it was necessary as my other markers are taken regularly and have not moved. She would order it if there was suspicion of progression, since I have a solid baseline.

Scans to check body are PET/CT every 6 months, only this next time I am just having a plain CT (my idea).

My MUGA did drop some this last time, but we feel it happened due to other causes than Herceptin. It will be checked at 6 months instead of a year.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 AM   #17
jhandley

Smile having a herceptin holiday

I suggested having a break to my onc. who was not particularly in favour of it due to no studies being done. I would like to have one if I continue NED for another year...but I would like to have the her 2 test to monitor..this is not available in Australia yet.
I am keen to hear of others responding to this thread!
Jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
Joy

Yay Kim!

Gosh it was great to hear from you and under such good circumstances. I am so excited that your helath seems so good. I don't have a lot of advice for you regarding herceptin. I just wanted to say Hi and Yay! Oh, and could you refresh me on which vaccine trial you participated in and do you credit that with your success? Only if you have time. My best wishes for continued goodness!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #19
mamacze

Hey Joy!
Hi and Yay back at you!
Since I started my "poll" it has felt like I was coming back home...it warms my heart to see you, and Vi...Pattyz, Mary Jo, Kim in CA, Lani, StephN....all doing well and all getting on with your lives.
Joy, I don't know what to credit for my good health...some say it is an answer to prayer and yet we all know some very spiritual and devout people who have died. Some say it is my diet. Some feel it is the vaccine from U of W. (as an aside, Dr. Disis did say I was a responder). And of course there is Herceptin which I am sure is the primary reason I seem to hang in there. I just truly don't know; all I do know is that I am just so grateful to have these healthy years while I raise my 4 kids. I admit to feeling a bit of "survivor's guilt"
I am anguished to see that yours has progressed to your liver. Where is the justice?? Is your current cocktail holding it stable?
Stay well angel; your joy is inspirational.
Love Kim from Ct
Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #20
Barbara H.

Stopping Herceptin

It's great to read your posts again, Kim. It's also encouraging to hear that more of us are thinking about taking a break from Herceptin. I'm not there yet, but I'm on a trial (Herceptin MCC- DM1) that seems to be working for me. I hope some day to have the opportunity to take a break.

Do not feel guilty. We are so pleased to hear your good news.

Best wishes,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote