HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #21
Unregistered

Re: On reactive lymph nodes and delayed diagnosis

Ok, this is how it went yesterday.

The surgeon is not nearly as concerned about the cyst in my breast as he is the two lymph nodes. I don't know how big they are suppose to be but on the report they are more then 3 cm each which in his words they are alarmingly large. His office is setting me up with radiology to do a needle biopsy of the lymph nodes and he asked me if I would like to have have the cyst in my breast drained while I was there so I said I might as well. I am assuming if they drain it that will be biopsied also.

His office hasn't called me yet with an appt date and time yet, I figured I would have heard something yesterday afternoon but I didn't so I don't know when I have to go for that.

As for the "special breast cancer surgeon" I tried to do that before I saw a surgeon but in my area they do not have surgeons classified like that. They are all general surgeons and you just have to try to find one with alot of experience with the breast. The surgeon I have I know at one time but it was many years ago was one of the best breast surgeons in the area, but he also happens to be the one that removed my gallbladder too so who knows. I do trust him though he his a very compassionate and down to earth doctor. If he can't take care of it he will make sure I get to someone who can.

I am still keeping the faith and thank you for giving me this thread to purge.

You can call me Becca if you want so you don't have to call me unregistered.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #22
Unregistered

My appt for my biopsies is on April 6th and then I see the surgeon again on April 11th to get the results.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #23
Unregistered

Hi guys, i found this thread after crawling the internet for answers, for the past year ive had a swollen lymph node in my neck and right underarm which i thought nothing off until i starting losing drastic weight approx 2 stone in 2 months and being really exhausted and constant sore heads aswell as
terrible night sweats, so with all this i went to the docs i was fobbed of with its cysts or swollen glands, after going back and forth for about 3 months i was sent for a ct scan and a biospy which resulted in my diagnosis being reactive nodes or as the consultant said he doesn't know, im am now left frustrated and i have nowhere left to turn and was just wondering if u guys would have any advice?

Thank you in advance
Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #24
Jackie07

Hi Becca,

I can understand your anxiety of the situation. Below are two websites that provide explanation on 'reactive lymph nodes':

“When this system is reactive it means that the system is working to fight infection. When the body has foreigners attack its cells the lymph system is a line of defense that begins to combat the infection by producing cells to fights the underlying infection. The sort of infection and its severity can be determing by examination of the accompanying symptoms.”

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_reactive_lymph_nodes_mean#ixzz1h9EDTXYE

More detailed/technical explanation can be found in this one:

http://pleiad.umdnj.edu/hemepath/normal_node/normal_node.html

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 12-21-2011 at 12:13 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote