HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
Carla

Hi everyone:
Well, I had a CT scan of my head today, and got a call from the oncologist this afternoon. I have 6 spots on my brain. The headache I've had for the last three weeks is a result of swellling around the lesions. I meet with a radiation dr. on mon for a consultation and a treatment plan. My family and I have been crying most of the evening. I'm so discouraged.
Carla
Old 12-05-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Lolly

Carla, all is not lost. There is hope, but I know it's discouraging to think you're going back into treatment. So many of the ladies here have been treated for brain mets successfully, and I know you'll be getting messages from them but I just wanted to say I'll be praying for you and your family tonight. You will get through this, and we'll be here every step.
Love and Hugs,
Lolly
Old 12-05-2003, 08:05 PM   #3
Kym

Carla I am so sorry for your setback..... my heart goes out to you. Keep fighting ..... as Lolly pointed out there are a lot of gals here who will be able to empathise and guide you through this,
Big Hugs
Kym
Old 12-06-2003, 02:21 AM   #4
Paula

Prayers are going up for you and your family -- never lose sight of faith and hope. We're all here for you. God bless. Love and blessings, Paula
Old 12-06-2003, 03:48 AM   #5
Linda in Calif

Hi Carla: I know you must be feeling really discouraged right now. We live such an up and down existance after our diagnosis. So far I have been lucky and not had brain mets but a friend of mine has and she is doing very well a year and a half later after her DX. She feels and looks great. I hope your Onc. can get with the people Christine posted you about...there are so many new treatments out there. Don't give up. Remember, we are all rooting for you. Take Care, Linda
Old 12-13-2003, 03:36 AM   #6
pattyd

Carla I just logged on. I have been off the board for awhile. I was dx with 6 brain mets in Aug and went trhough WBR. I developed one small new spot in Oct but otherwise am doing ok. I take steroids when I need them for the heaaches but currently dont need them., Irecently had scans of chest abd liver spleen and pelvis and they are all clear. I guess I consider myself lucky to be hear celebrating Christmas with my family- Please know you are in my prayers. We all continue to fight hard. God Bless...Patty D