HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
Elaine, UK

Dear Sandy

I have written about my diagnosis a couple of times already. However with time, you have to go to the following pages on this site as more and more msgs get posted. You should be able to find some. However, I've cut and paste a bit of my msg of 11th Dec. Hope this helps :>) :

"I can't sleep this evening. Something big is happening, I can barely contain myself!

I need to tell you all about what's happening so that it may help others ASAP. I sit sometimes and read about people with brain mets, Carol most recently and I have to speak now rather than wait and see any longer.

I am Her-2 3+ as I have written before. I'd had surgery, chemo, etc. Nothing worked the first time and it came back late last year. I was sent home to put my affairs in order. I then found "alternative" treatment" and the Gerson therapy. I began Gerson in Feb this year and have noticed a real lift in my well-being. (More info. on Gerson at www.gerson.org)

I then made the huge mistake of taking shark cartilage. There's actually an FDA ban on this stuff but I didn't know this at the time and ended up with 48 tumours in my liver in just 28 days. See the following link for FDA on shark cartiage:
http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer...ews/shark.html

Anyhow, with this diagnosis (and I also have dermal and spinal bone mets) I had to do what I then considered something drastic and go back to chemo. I had 2 rounds of 5FU and Navelbine and have even been in touch with Jessica about the Broffman program in LA - but to be honest it wasn't working for me.

Then.... came the gift from God I truly believe -
I have searched and researched relentlessly, fearing brain mets and thinking that I was running out of time. I then read of Dr William Donald Kelley's work: http://www.drkelley.com/CANLIVER55.html
(scroll
down on the link above to read much data on the link above)

ENZYMES!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was already taking loads under the Gerson therapy and it was almost "holding" it but not regressing it. However, I heard through a doctor in England (Jan de Vries - who has written a book called "Cancer and Leukemia), about IP6."
Old 12-17-2003, 02:00 AM   #2
Sandy

Hi Elaine: Thank you for your patiences with me. I did see the orginial message and didn't connect it with the name. Sorry for the extra work I caused you. Hugs, and good luck. Sandy