HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #1
*_julie_*

I have been told that my liver mets are very large and multiple lesions are present. I have been on many chemos but not the platins. Dr doesn't seem ready to jump in and give it to me. Anyone had these chemos. I am not Her2+. Thanks Julie
Old 01-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
Beatrice

Hi Julie,
I have been on Herceptin+Cisplatin for three months, but unfortunately without great success. However my situation is different from yours, as I am Her2+, and response is always subjective. So it my work for you, I have been told that platins can be very effective. Anyway, my story is that after 3 moths of Herceptin+cisplatin on a weekly basis, there was not response. So I have been put on Herceptin+Xeloda, plus I have decided to eliminate the three bigger mets I have in my liver through cyberknife. This is quite a new procedure (CK on mets), there is not much literature on it, but I have decided to do it, as I have multiple lesions. I will have cyberknife next week. and a check up (CAT scan) at the end of January/beg. February, to see how Xeloda too is working.
I wish you the very best, Beatrice
Old 01-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
*_julie_*

Beatice, where are you getting the cf?I've thought of that, but not sure I qualify, because of size and numbers of lesions. The biggest is 7.4x7.4cm. Can you give me any ideas?
Old 01-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
*_Christine_*

Julie,
Have you been re- tested for Her2 for both the IHC AND the FISH tests?
Sometimes there can be a change and if so herceptin w/cisplatin works great together. Ask your onc to retest you. Also there is a new drug he may want to try called Avastin, with not as much sideeffects as Cisplatin. I do know womwn who have taken Herceptin/Cisplatin and did well.
Your Onc knows your blood kidney levels, and this could be a deciding factor. Ask more questions... Keep in touch.
Hugs, Christine
Old 01-09-2005, 04:19 AM   #5
Beatrice

Julie, I live in Italy, so I will be getting CK here. Where do you live? Maybe the best thing you can do is to contact the cksociety. They are very helpful, you can contact them. I did it myself. Their website is www.cksociety.org
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any other information.
Beatrice