HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
Cathy W

After reading one of the posts here, I noticed that Dr. Hal Burstein was mentioned (at Dana Farber). I'd gone to see him in June for a second opinion. I didn't know he was such a well-known published physician/researcher/academic! Maybe I should have been more in awe! He did, however, confirm that what my local onc. was doing for me was exactly what he should be doing. But then, I already knew that because I'd done a lot of reading and researching to make sure of that.

Interestingly, he told me that based on the extent of my bone mets, I'd had it for at least 2-3 years. That's a year before the original tumor was found in my breast, (nodes neg) and only 6 monthes after my baseline mamo (I had a baseline at age 39-no history of BC in my family).
To make a long story short: My onc has moved and is now down in Worchester, MA at UMASS Medical Center. If you live near there and want the name of one of the most caring DR.'s (and very knowledgeable) I've ever met, contact me and I'd be happy to give you his name. I'm very sad he moved, but it was the best thing for his family-most of his extended family lives in that area.
Cathy