HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2004, 01:45 AM   #1
Charlie, Sandra\'s husband.

I don't understand why some people think it is wrong to consider options, or question certaing things in life.

This articles is not about telling others what or what not to do, it was written to solicit info from others se we could ALL learn something in the process. It looks at both sides of the coin, so please read and understand this in the context ir was written...

MORE THINKING OUT LOUD

There is also lots of good news regarding cancer, as I am aware of many people who have either been cured of cancer, or have been in remission for many years now. While most of these people were treated with standard medical procedures, I am aware of some who opted for alternative treatments that seem to work well for them. I had an uncle who went into remission after simply changing his diet, and using some natural remedies he felt would be of benefit. He eventually died from the type of cancer he originally had contracted, but he stayed in remission for well nearly 10 years. I might also mention he totally refused the standard medical treatments that the doctors wanted to use on him, as he felt they were flawed in many respects. This all happened 30 or 40 years ago, and the treatment options offered then are still the same basic procedures in use today.

My intent regarding the messages I post is NOT to tell anyone what to do regarding cancer treatment options, but I would pray those who have cancer would take the time to research the standard and alternative treatments available in our day and time. There is a Dr. Day who was one of the big names in the cancer focused medical community, who got breast cancer and refused to take the treatments she had advocated for many years. Her breast tumor was very large, and all of her medical doctor friends told her she would soon die unless she had her breast removed and underwent chemo and radiation.

This woman doctor changed her diet and did other things that eventually led to a total healing of her breast. The tumor shrank and went away, and last I heard she has a web site where she sells a book telling other people about what worked for her. When she turned her back on the standard medical treatments, she was branded as a heretic by most medical doctors and medical organizations.

Dr. Day pointed out that many doctors who treat cancer, will refuse the same treatments and procedures they recommend to others, if they get cancer themselves. She also points out the fact that the radiation causes cancer, yet it is used to treat cancer. The same goes for chemo, as the treatment is risky at best. I am not against people undergoing chemo or radiation, but I believe those who do should no more about the risks they face from the cancer, as well as from the treatments.

If someone developed a pill that would cure cancer almost 100% of the time, do you REALLY believe the medical and pharmaceutical people would want cancer victims to become aware of it. Can you really see the staff of a cancer facility saying we can shut down now, because a cure has been found for cancer? Let’s just trash the expensive radiation equipment, discard the chemo drugs, and turn this facility into a Wal-Mart. If you do, you are a person most deceived!

Like it or not, cancer is big business. Any treatments endorsed by the “standard medical community� will always be complex, and long drawn out procedures. If I invented a pill that would run a car and replace the expensive gasoline being burned to power the vehicle, like as with Graviola the substance would be buried and withheld from the market. The pill would be acquired by the oil companies, and hidden from the public for as long as humanly possible.

The alternative treatment situation has major problems of it’s own, because there seems to be no real attempt to weed through the “quack stuff� and do the research necessary to develop a good alternative therapy plan. I have also noticed many natural supplements being sold seem to have an average cost of about $30.00 per bottle, for a month’s supply of whatever the product may be. Since almost everyone taking supplements uses a lot of different ones at the same time, the cost can quickly become too high for the budgets of the people who need them the most. The “claims� made by most of the manufactures and vendors regarding these products are really absurd beyond belief!

We the people are guilty for allowing most of this to happen, as we tend to just sit back and do nothing UNTIL cancer hits us or one of our loved ones. I am guilty as charged, because by the time I started to even research and write about this subject my wife had developed a fast spreading type of cancer. (IBC) Once cancer strikes, we don’t have time to check out every option and we become part of a system that is flawed in many ways. I am not for or against standard or alternative treatment therapies, but I believe more could be done to focus on what works best no matter the source of the therapy.

As long as most doctors mock the alternative people, and most in the alternative treatment communities mock the doctors, we will be forced to settle for what we can get in our time of dire need. Medicine is suppose to be a ministry, but those on both sides of the coin seem to have forgotten that fact…

Charlie, Sandra’s husband.

My GOSPEL outreach page:
http://sky.prohosting.com/bocmin/
Old 01-14-2004, 03:28 AM   #2
KeithB

I have read your comments and tried not to reply but I could not help myself. I reply to your note as a Son and Friend of many cancer patients. Some have won their battle and others lost the fight with pride. I also reply as an employee of a large pharmaceutical company that makes cancer drugs. When you make comments like this one "...If someone developed a pill that would cure cancer almost 100% of the time, do you REALLY believe the medical and pharmaceutical people would want cancer victims to become aware of it...." I just simply want to puke. I wonder how you can call yourself a minister. The only thing I can think of is you must be ignorant.

How dare you judge people you know nothing about. I (as would many other people who work for the evil pharma companies you describe) would love to see a pill developed that cured cancer. I would have more time with my Mom (breast cancer), my friend Brenda (died 2001 from breast cancer), my friend Darlene (died 2003 from colon cancer), and the list goes on......not to mention all the great women on this board that fight every day to live and beat this terrible disease.

I don't think you will find a person out there that doesn't hope for a cure. It doesn't matter if it is synthetic or natural. As long as it works. So by all means, if an alternative treatment works, share it. If some tree root helps keep the immune system up so we don't have to inject drugs into our Mom's stomachs anymore, let us know. But please, don't slam those of us you don't know....God will judge us, not you!

I wish you wife the best in her fight...the fight of her life.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:02 AM   #3
Charlie, Sandra\'s husband.

While i understand how you feel, you need to be honest enough to admit their have been 'coverups' regarding cures that were outside the realm you work and deal in. This is not just my opinion, the evidence is out there for anyone who wants to find it.

As a minister I hold the truth to be very important, even when it goes against the powers that be. I simply stated some things I saw posted on the WWW, I did NOT author the articles in question.

The documents in question are validated by those who found them filed away, for WHATEVER reasons. Your perception is biased and flawed, because it is totally one-sided.

For the record, I am glad my wife has responded well to SOP. I am not against chemo drugs as you claim, but I also believe there are alternatives that should to be considered too. Remember we chose the SOP over the alternative stuff, at least as the main line defence against the battle with cancer.

If you are really blind to the profit motivation
that exists for people selling BOTH standard and alternative remedies, I believe you are blind by choice.

Doctors used to operate on people with unwashed hands, until they learned better from someone they originally mocked. My wife is going to get chemo, radiation, and natural-based remedies, now do you have a problem with that? When it becomes wrong to question and think, we are in more trouble than we realize...