HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Mary Anne in TX

Believe, pick me up for the "scream" ride!

Hi all,
Just trying to deal with the place that I had a mammo yesterday. What a deal. They called me to tell me yesterday that they needed me to get the last pictures to compare with the ones done yesterday. I told them that they were in San Antonio, but that I could get them if absolutely necessary. Said they would call back yesterday or this morning at the latest. Well, you can guess that that didn't happen. When I called them, you should have heard the run around I got to end up telling me absolutely nothing! The place I went and the tech were so nice, but they send them on in to Corpus Christi to read. Well the merry-go-round keeps going around.....
Believe, stop by and pick me up and I'll go "screaming with ya"!!!
Now I know why I pay to have them done in San Antonio....to be treated with a bit of respect and dignity. Worth every penny. But, I'm trying to be frugile and save my pennies for the most important things!
Just made me so grateful for the doctor and nurses that treat me at CTRC in SAT! They are angels and have made my 20 month adventure doable! I guess a "glitch" now and then wakes me up to how incredibly lucky I have been to have the magnificent care I have had from the most wonderfully loving group of folks!
Oh, yea, I read Barbara and Ginger's stories last night and had such a wonderful cry! Hope they know how grateful we are for what they have done for all of us! To be first and not know what to expect. To be so brave!
Love again....Believe, I'll wait out front for ya!!!!!

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
chrisy

Very frustrating! I had that happen once in the past, and they never could find the old ones.

Now (of course, I've moved on the big leagues) I never leave without a copy of my scan on CD. I also have the actual films from before I found out about the CD's. That last part is top secret - now that you've read this, I'll have to swear you in to secrecy or shoot you!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Mary Anne in TX

Hey Chris! Today, I'll swear to secrecy, but in the past a firing squad might have been a welcome resprite!!! Cheers!

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Old 08-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
What Time Mary Anne???

I'll be there with a full tank of gas and I hope you like homemade lattes (that is for you JOY!!). You really made me smile and I needed that, kind of took me away from that BAD place. I remember a post I wrote in frustration several months ago mentioning I wanted to scream and Chrissy told me I could!! CHRISSY SAID...!! ROTFL!!!

I can always count on my 'family here' to bring me to a better place. I am having problems with an older family member (grandmother 82 years) in my immediate life and each day I try to let her NOT RENT SPACE IN MY HEAD!! Like that one?? My mother gave that one to me and I use it all the time. She would always talk to her EDDIE and the end of the conversation would always be "Life's a bitch huh??" Well my Sweet, that talk is unacceptable at this time in his life, maybe before but not now. There are many things going on here that is not related to that comment, that is just the tip of the iceberg!! MY OWN FAMILY MEMBER TREATING US LIKE A STRANGER>I have since then decided to be that stranger and I like it.

I just want to get our life back as much as we can and anyone who interferes with that is history. I know, I know....Marie is that you???

Usually never talk like that but cancer has made me even tougher and sometimes I cannot tolerate peoples petty little importances!! My husband is fighting for his life, have some respect for Godsake!!! And then when I let her know he is direly ill she will say "That's nothing, my bowel movement was so loose today, I spent the day in the bathroom!!" Did you hear what I said?? I said he is direly ill (and you are all about yourself) Uggh!! I know I only have a limited time with her, but this selfish, controlling behavior she has I will not try to accept anymore!!!

Anyway, let me know what time to be there and count me in!! I'll even drive to the ocean!! Thanks for cheering me up, Mary Anne, I Love You So!!

Continued prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
lu ann

Believe, I know what you meen

I really cannot depend on my sister, she is just too busy. She had a co-worker going through this the same time as me and she did so much for her. Got all her affairs in order in case she died before the womans daughter graduated and turned 18.

My sister was also thrilled when she had a grandson she could spend all her spare time with him. He is adorable, but she doesn't bring his to see me. She just doesn't realize that I may never be a grandma or see my daughters get married.

My sister is a director of a social service agency and knows how to help people. My husbands sister is a psychologist. Does she ever call or give me support? noooooo. And his other sister works in the medical field and never calls to even say hi. I have been so let down by people who are supposed to be my sisters. It hurts big time,

But I do have my friends and all of you, which helps so much, Thankyou.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
Mary Jo

I'm sorry these things are happening to you ladies. Those posts made me sad and mad. Kind of made me want to go "shake up" a few grandma's and sisters. Geez! How can people have such hard hearts. I'm so sick of hearing people's "I'm busy" excuse. Life is short people. Wake up - take hold of each other and hang on tight.

Loving you,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
Gerri

We can't pick our family, but we can pick our friends...

...and then THEY become our family. My best friend and I always say we are "sisters at heart" since we are so close. I have a mixed bag, so I can't really complain. My "looney" sister keeps her distance but fortunately I have another one who is very supportive.

Marie, I just want to tell you that I admire the way you have supported your husband through all of this. I could feel your pain in your other post regarding his set-back and I hope and pray this is temporary and he will respond to the new treatment. You obviously have suffered along with him on this journey and he is so blessed to have you. As far as negative family members, try not to let them add to your stress level (easier said then done, I know). In the words of Frank Constanza (for all of you Seinfeld fans) just chant, "Serenity now, serenity now" and when that doesn't give you relief scream it at the top of your lungs!

Wishing you all "Serenity now!"
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
Mary Anne in TX

All morning I have thought about how fun that ride would be with the lattes flying around (and Marie, I don't even like coffee but it just sounds so good this way) and the voices screaming! I see a big 'ol convertible with survivors packed in with smiles as big as TX! All visiting, laughing and taking time for a scream now and then! It just makes me smile and makes it seem like things are going to be ok for now! I wonder at the struggles some have endured with such courage and grace! And I am blessed beyond belief from the strength & wisdom that they share! For now....I'm still smiling.... ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Old 08-10-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
Patb

The Senility Prayer

I say this a lot lately.
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good
fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote