HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
KayeR

working while on taxol?

I have recently had to add taxol to my regimine due to parcardial effusion. I was hoping to never have to go through chemo again (the AC I had back in 2000 was really hard on me) but when I was laid up in the hospital for 11 days and given the choice of having a permanent drain put in to drain the fluid that had accumulated around my heart or to start chemo to hopefully wipe out the fluid, I choose the chemo. My doctor assured me that taxol was a much easier chemo then AC and so far it has been (I received my 5th infusion yesterday). I have tolerated the treatments pretty well so far. And the good news is that the last 3 echos following the start of chemo have shown no additional fluid around the heart, so that seems to be a good indication that the chemo is doing its job. I have taken off work temporarily recovering from this lastest set back but I would like to return in mid January (I'm a highschool teacher). I was hoping that some of you might be able to share with me your experience of working while on taxol.
11.5 years later.....mets to lungs. ER and Her 2 positive
8/2011 - Tamoxifen, Zoladex
3/2012 - tamoxifen, Zoladex and Herceptin
6/2012 - scan showed stability and some reduction
9/2012 minus tamoxifen add Femara. (Due to increase of symptoms) Still on Zoladex and Herceptin
10/2012 Adding Perjeta. Continuing with Herceptin and Zoladex
11/2102 Added taxol due to percardial effusion
KayeR is offline   Reply With Quote