HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Caregivers Corner
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Caregivers Corner Dedicated to those who support their loved ones.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
GingerBear

When to be worried?

Hello,

Yesterday we had the monthly Oncologist visit, after the normal 2 hours of waiting because of the backlog of appointments we had our appointment.

The first thing we were told that the drop in tumor markers had rose again by 20, ca 15-3 is now at 126. We were then told that we had some better news that the ALP reading was down to 112... indicating that the bones & liver function was better and that the chemo was infact doing something.

As my Mum never asks questions... I asked does the tumor count matter? She said not unless a continual trend in rising or a massive jump, at the moment the reading show it is bobbing up and down around the 120 mark which suggests the chemo is controlling it and the herceptin is doing its job. When I asked this she immediately suggested to my Mum weekly Taxol IV if she'd like and Mum said if the Navelbine is working... keep me on that for the 4-6 cycle duration as we're only on cycle 3 at the moment.

As she has liver, bone & lung mets i'm worried, it may well be fighting off the liver and bone but the lungs haven't changed... I understand no cure exists but why isn't it getting rid of the lung nodules?

Bit worried as Mum has been given an increased dose of Navelbine now, she was very sick last night... but that could have been because she had pineapple before?

Should we take this as positive news or not?
GingerBear is offline   Reply With Quote