HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
belle

Re: Mom has recurrence - please advice..

Thank you all so much for your warm support and taking your time to share you knowledge! I loved every bit of your advices and will try to stick to them throughout this treatment. We have our first taxol infusion tomorrow morning.

I noticed many of you received Taxol+Herceptin weekly. May I ask you how much the doses were, if you have this info? We are being treated in Germany. As I wrote earlier, the Drs want to give us Taxol+Herceptin every 3 weeks, although mom and I think that weekly regimen might attack the fast growing cancer more effectively. But we are not sure which doses should be used in this case. Back in 2007, mom received 8mg per kg at her first infusion and 6 mg/kg at each subsequent Herceptin infusion.

We agreed with mom's onc that Navelbine will be the one of the next options after the first treatments stop working.

As Chris and Elaine suggested, I am also hoping that maybe after reducing the tumor mom can still have surgery to remove her breast.

Will keep you posted on the progress. Thank you once again so much for your support, kind wishes and prayers.

Hugs and love to all,
belle
belle is offline   Reply With Quote