HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
dawny

Progression. :(

Hi all
I am stage 1V from diagnoses, nearly 2 years ago. I had Abraxane with Herceptin, and they led me to dance with NED. Then another lump was found, and I had a lumpectomy and axillary node dissection, and DCIS was also found. I continued on Herceptin only. A node in my chest then came back, and we watched and waited, still only on Herceptin. Now it has doubled in size from 1cm to 2 cms,and another has appeared. My onc thinks I should wait longer before restarting chemo, as I have good QOL, with few s/e from Herceptin. She would like to wait another 3 months and see then, if the spots have grown significantly. She also said she understood if I wanted to act on it sooner rather than later. She mentioned a TDM1 trial starting in Melbourne (which is about an hours drive from where I live) In Australia TDM1/Kadcyla is still only in trial stages. She stated that this may be my only chance at receiving TDM1 (EVER) as it will be years before it is available to all here. I am thinking that I will go for the trial, as soon as I can get on. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or advice?

I realize as Stage 1V that I am very fortunate to have had a chemo break for so long, but am still saddened at the thought of progression and returning to chemo.

I think I need to use one of Denise's voices to help out! Lol

Dawn xx
Abraxane weekly - 16 weeks
Herceptin every third week
September 26 2011 N.E.D!
Herceptin ongoing
8th Dec 2011 Brain MRI - clear
20th Dec 2011 bone/cat scan clear still NED
April 2012 scans show axillary node lump - ? what to do...
June 2012 Axillary node dissection 1/11 nodes affected, a wide local excision shows DCIS. Now what to do again? Watch and scan 3 monthly
April 2013, two spots in nodes to chest wall, start TDM1 (Kadcycla) as part of clinical trial
July 2013 stable
Oct 2013 progression off TDM-1 (Kadcycla)
Nov 2013 radiation to lymph nodes in sternum
Dec 2013. Mastectomy right side, pathology shows tumour was HER-2 negative, no wonder TDM-1 (Kadcycla) didn’t work!
April 2014 NED. On Herceptin only
August 2014 NED. On Herceptin only
March 2015. NED. On Herceptin only
September 2015 NED on Herceptin only
March 2016. Pulmonary embolism, Clexane injections daily forever. Still NED On Herceptin only
Nov 2016. Bone Mets in ribs - Radiation. Don’t know if bone Mets are er-/pr-/HER2+ or triple negative.
Can’t give self injections on to tablets (Xarelto) for blood clots.
2017 NED - On Herceptin only
2018 NED - On Herceptin only
2019 NED - On Herceptin only
2020 NED - On Herceptin only
2021 NED - On Herceptin only
dawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
Jackie07

Re: Progression. :(

Hi Dawn,

Below is a posting by Barbara H. about her experience on T-DM1 (posted on the 'T-DM1 approved' thread in February):

I jumped for joy when I heard this news. I believe that I was one of the first to be given this drug on this website. It was truly a miracle drug for me. I was on a stage one trial and received it weekly at a higher does than is currently given. I started the trial in Sept. 2007. It put me into remission. I remain in remission but had to go off it after two years because I developed lung inflammation. I then received herceptin with Tykerb and continue to be remission. At one point my insurance refused to cover the Tykerb, but my oncologist was able to convince them to allow me to continue this combination. Sheila was also very helpful at the time and I will never forget her kindness. I am enclosing my first post after my first infusion. For those who are interested, you can go to my history.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.
Post from Sept. 2007
Trial Trastuzumab-MCC-DM1 (I think it's working)
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to give an update of the trial I am on. I posted it on the trial section, but thought that some members might not read it there and decided to add it to this forum. I just received my second infusion last Thursday. I had been off all treatment since the end of May because you have to be off treatment for four weeks to qualify. Unfortunately, as a result of no treatment, my bone mets had really started to grow and become painful. By August it became very difficult for me to sleep. In fact, one night the week before I started the trial, I only had two hours of sleep before getting up and going to school. This was all due to pain. No pain relievers would help and prescription pain relievers make me nauseous. In reality, I had been off chemo other than Herceptin since November when I had to have brain surgery due to necrosis. I really felt as if I was in bad shape and was desperate to begin this trial

My first infusion took all day. The needed blood work, consultations, and the infusion took 1 and 1/2 hours. Then I needed to be observed for four hours with constant temperature and blood pressure monitoring. After a final blood test I could leave, but had to return on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for additional blood tests. This is a problem for me because I have bad veins and the trial protocol will not allow blood tests from my port.

During my first infusion my nose started running and I felt quite achy. Unfortunately, that night I had to give a speech and meet will my parents at Curriculum Night. It was difficult, but I did it. The next day I felt pretty awful, but went to school. By that evening I had a fever of 101F. At first I thought is was a reaction to the new drug, but now I think I caught a virus from my students. Three were out that week with colds and fevers, and by the beginning of the past week two of the other third grade teachers had it. I probably will never know for sure.

This past Thursday I had my second infusion and it was quite uneventful. The following day I was tired, but went to see "Wicked" that night with no problem.

Here is the good news. By the second night after the first infusion I was able to sleep with virtually no pain. After being in pain for two months, this feels like a true miracle to me. My hip is still sore during the day and I favor it somewhat, but I feel that this treatment is quickly making a huge difference. It is also very easy to tolerate. Therefore, if you are looking for a treatment option, I would definitely investigate this trial. I also wonder if there is anyone else on this website how is taking this drug.

I will continue to give updates, and will know more after I have my scans later this month.

I give my best to everyone. I have read everyone's posts, but just haven't had time to respond. The beginning of the school year is always very hectic.

Best regards,
Barbara H.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 04-10-2013 at 05:21 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
Jackie07

Another thread with shared information on T-DM1:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...hlight=T-DM%21

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
dawny

Thank you Jackie, I will read through those threads now, thx for your help. Xx
September 26 2011 N.E.D!
Herceptin ongoing
June 2012 Axillary node dissection 1/11 nodes affected, a wide local excision shows DCIS. Now what to do again? Watch and scan 3 monthly
April 2013, two spots in nodes to chest wall, start TDM1 (Kadcycla) as part of clinical trial
July 2013 stable
Dec 2013. Mastectomy right side, pathology shows tumour was HER-2 negative, no wonder TDM-1 (Kadcycla) didn’t work!
March 2016. Pulmonary embolism, Clexane injections daily forever. Still NED On Herceptin only
Nov 2016. Bone Mets in ribs - Radiation. Don’t know if bone Mets are er-/pr-/HER2+ or triple negative.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
NEDenise

Dawn...
Well that suck! But definitely not as badly as it could...so there's our silver lining!

If you're looking for unsolicited advice...and really, who isn't...go for the TDM-1! If you try it, and you hate it...ou can always stop. If you let the chance slip by...you may kick yourself later.

Now...the "voice du jour"...let's see...maybe a female voice today...oooh...my Great-Aunt Helen...sweetest lady ever, but she could talk the ears off a doorknob, and man did she love to clean up messes. That edema will be scurrying away...and she'll use the extra fluid to polish up my scalp!

Keep us posted about what you decide!
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
dawny

Thanks Denise, you can always make me laugh!

You are right, a trial doesn't mean I am stuck on it forever, does it? I am not sure what the paperwork involves, surely it would be our decision to opt out if we choose.

I think TDMI have a relationship brewing .....

Dawn xx
September 26 2011 N.E.D!
Herceptin ongoing
July 2013 stable
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
mamacze

Hi Dawn,
It sounds like you are going to jump into it with TDM1 - I loved reading all the comments from our sisters - and I am still chuckling from Denise....I really have nothing to add other than I wanted to chime in some encouragement and hope that you keep us posted.
Love Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Kellennea

Sending hugs
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Mandamoo

I am so sorry to hear this though pleased it is not a major progression. I can understand your reticence.

It is a pity that we cant access dual treatment like Hercptin and Tykerb here - is there any chance your onc would consider approaching Glaxo re: access to Tykerb? There are ways in and around the system and I believe at some point you would be able to get TDM1 if you wanted it but currently you would have to be heavily pretreated to get compassionate access (and you are not).

I would seriously consider the trial - is it 3 weekly? It could be just the thing for you - Herceptin obviously holds things pretty well for you so adding the chemo to it would probably be a great option for you.
What is the trial and how does it work? Is there a control arm? TDM1 is very doable - I wish it had worked for me and am still bummed it didn't... I know if I were you I would be jumping on the opportunity to get TDM1.
Good luck with deciding.
Ax
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #10
Pamelamary

Hi Dawn,
Sorry to hear your news. At least travelling from Geelong won't be made more difficult by the treatment, as TDM1 is relatively easy to take. There have been so many good results, so go for it!
Best wishes.... Pam
Radiotherapy, i year Tamoxifen, 4 years Arimidex.
Rediagnosed 2012: Multiple bone metastases.
3/12: began on Marianne trial - T-DM1 + Pertuzamab/Placebo.
5/12:Unexpected development of numerous bilateral liver mets. Came off trial.
Started Docetaxol/ Herceptin + Zometa.
8/12:Bones stable +major regression in liver (!)
9/12:Can't take any more Docetaxol! Start on Herceptin and Tamoxifen. Cross fingers!
Changed to Denosumab.
11/12: Scan shows stable - yay!
11/13: Still stable :-) !!!
1/16: All stable, but lowered calcium, so switched to Zometa 3 monthly.
2/19: Happily still stable on Herceptin, Letrozole and 3 monthly Zometa.
Pamelamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #11
Bunty

Oh Dawn, just read your post. Sorry your good run has hit a hurdle, but as Amanda says, it's not too major a recurrence. I know that's probably little comfort at the moment....

I agree that getting on the TDM-1 trial would be good, and as you say, we don't know when it will be approved here in Australia yet, so trial is probably only option.

You had a good response with Abraxane however, as I did the first time I had it from June 2011 to November 2011. I had a good year of stability, and then found the single liver met growing again (lung tumours still no change). We decided to try Abraxane again, which I started in late January, and first scan results show that it's working again, with the liver met reduced after three cycles by a third, and TM's dropping continually. So you could consider trying Abraxane again..... I know we are all different, but it is apparently synergistic with Herceptin, so could help kick it back into action.

Best wishes and hugs for your next step....

Love Marie x
June 2011 3cm x 4cm liver tumour. Started Abraxane and continue with Herceptin.
November 2011. Finished with Abraxane, continue with just Herceptin. Liver tumour now reduced to 15mm x 12mm. Lung tumour now 10mm x 0.5mm
February 2012. Scans show everything stable, and brain scan clear.
July 2012. PET/CT scans show I'm in remission - no active cancer!
]Dec CT brain cllear, lungs stable, liver tumour has increased to 20mm. PET scans showed active liver met and active lung thinglet, and possible bone met.
Jan 2013 recommence Abraxane, continue with Herceptin.
June 2013 finish Cycle 6 Abraxane, continue with Herceptin. 30% reduction in liver tumour, everything stable.
December 2013. CA15-3 on rise.
February 2014. PET and CT scans show single liver tumour has increased to 35mm. No other activity.
March 2014. Planned for SBRT for liver met, but couldn't have treatment as tumour too close to bowel. Continue Herceptin.
April 2014. Surgeon advises that I am a good candidate for liver resection, so will have operation early May (after camping holiday). Tumour now 44mm x 29mm.
May 7, 2014. Two liver tumours surgically removed. Third of liver removed, and gall bladder. Am I NED?May 2014. Pathology of tumour shows it's now ER+ (95% staining).
June 2014. CA15-3 has decreased to 18 from a pre-surgery reading of 59!
June 2014. Started Femara, continue with Herceptin.
July 2014. Stop Femara due to severe Osteoporosis. Commence Tamoxifen, continue Herceptin. Waiting to hear if I can have Aclasta infusion.
August 2014. CA15-3 has decreased further to 12 - YAY!
October 2014. Aclasta infusion for Osteoporosis. November 2014, CA15-3 decreased to 11. Scans of liver all clear, something new showing up on lung, but just watching at the moment.
November 2015. Started SBRT on solitary lung met.
November 2015. Bone density scan showed very good improvement so back on Femara - yay!
December 2016. 6 treatments of SBRT radiation on lung. Seems to have had some effect.
June 2016. CA15-3 still stable and low at 9.
June 2016. Started subcutaneous Herceptin replacing infusion.
Jan 2017. LVEF dropped to 46%. Stopped Herceptin.
Feb 2017. Started ACE Inhibitor and BETA Blocker. Still off Herceptin.
Aug 2017. Two new mets - Portacaval lymph node and mediastinal lymph node.
Aug 2017. Blood tests show extremely elevated liver enzyme levels. Many tests to investigate.
Sept 2017. Portacaval lymph node blocking liver bile duct causing liver enzyme and Bilirubin problems.
Oct 2017. 8cm stent inserted into liver bile duct. Procedure caused pancreatitis, and hospitalised for 3 days. Liver enzymes improving rapidly.
Nov 2017. Commenced 4 weeks of radiation on Portacaval lymph node. 5 week break before chemo.
Jan 2018. CT scan. 11 new small liver mets, and new superclavical lymph node med.
Jan 2018. Start Kadcyla. CA15-3 426.
Apr 2018. First scans since starting Kadcyla. All tumours reducing. CA15-3 dropped to 30 from 426.
Dec 2019. Still on Kadcyla, but two small brain mets have been treated in the past month with SRS. CA15-3 stable for 12 months at 11.
Bunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
'lizbeth

I think the TDM1 is a great option. Compared to disease progression and chemo, a much better scenario.

Good luck and good health!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
jellybean

I agree that you should go for the T-DM1.
jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Patb

Just my opinion but go quickly and do all you can now.
My friends have driven two hours for three years and
are doing well. Best of luck and my prayers.
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
dawny

Thank you everyone, I am starting the TDM-1 trial on 29th April. I was the last accepted out of only four places, so I am feeling very lucky to have a chance on the trial. Fingers crossed for good results

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and support
Dawn xx
September 26 2011 N.E.D!
Herceptin ongoing
July 2013 stable
Old 04-24-2013, 04:37 AM   #16
NEDenise

Yay Dawn!
So glad you won the TDM-1 Lottery!
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving gal!

Fingers crossed for wonderful things to start happening on the 29th!
Love across the miles...and a big hug
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #17
caya

Congrats on being accepted into the trial, Dawn.
I hope TDM1 is the magic bullet for you.

Sending prayers and hugs from Canada.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
Pray

I'm so sorry to hear of your progression and praying ever so hard to hear that tdm1 is working. Gods blessings to you and your family.

Peace my friend,

Nancy
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
KsGal

Congratulations! Lets hope the TDM1 is your magic bullet, like it has been for many of our sisters. Sending lots of love, prayers and positive light! Please keep us updated on how the trial is going.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
phil

Those who know me on here know I am a Big Fan of t dm-1 . it has been a wonderful life saver and great QOL drug for my wife, Lorraine. check out our website, at stageivsurvivor.webs.com . Since Nov., 2010, 34 doses, ned since Nov, 2011. it is imp. to remember that it is NOT a cure-all for everyone, but a no. of pts are doing very well 2 - 4 yrs out , and they were late stage iv, lots of mets, lots of tx's. I am excited to see what it will do with folks who are newer in the stage iv battle.
Our next hurdle is 4 month scans on Wed., keep us in your prayers . you are in ours.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote