HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
R.B.

2 drinks a day - 27% higher risk ?

Alcohol is another factor that impacts on the fat pathways, and conversion of short chain to long chain fats. The impact of low level intake - I am uncertain as I do not recall seeing anything specific - but it is not inconceivable that for those with low levels of long chain omega three intake in the diet it could make a difference.

I can only put the thought and pose the question.

The article is worth reading as it does also try and put the benifits of low consumption into the wider perspective.

RB

http://www.projo.com/business/conten...M.122c8ac.html

ABSTRACT

"If you’re a man, having one alcoholic drink is probably good for your health. If you’re a woman, the impact of that glass of alcohol is far more confusing.

Overall, science shows that for both men and women, drinking a small amount of alcohol each day is better for you than never drinking at all, and it likely lowers your risk of heart attack, diabetes and mental decline. But for women, moderate alcohol consumption also carries risks you may not know about.

Even small amounts of alcohol consumption are linked with higher risk for breast cancer. Women who drive after drinking are at higher risk than men of dying in a car accident, even at similar blood-alcohol concentrations. And women are at higher risk than men for serious health problems related to alcohol abuse, including liver, brain and heart damage....................."
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote