HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
7andcounting

Experiences with Navelbine

Hi,

I just had my first treatment of Navelbine/ Herceptin last Thursday. I'm going in for my weekly treatment tomorrow.

I am wondering if anyone can share whether the side effects with Navelbine get progressivly worse over time. I will be having weekly treatment with one week off a month.

The worst side effect, so far, has been the chronic constipation...sorry...tmi!!! Can this be the only problem?? Can it be that I can actually enjoy life...ha, ha!

Just wondering......

Thanks for any insight. Thank you also to all of you who helped me sort through all my decision making last week. I found this website in the midst of a crazy time. I was progressing and did not know which option to take...out of 3 options. Thank you especially to Chris who set me straight that I was actually confusing 2 different drugs. I have peace about the option I chose. Some of these drug decisions are complicated---especially when they involve flying to get them...not easy decisions.

One surprising thing my oncologist told me was that if the Navelbine and Herceptin didn't work that he would then add back in Tykerb and we'd try all 3 drugs at once. He said there is now safety data out on this.

Thanks!

Joyce
7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote