HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Nicola

Joe-Art Therapy

Hi Joe, I was wondering if it would be possible to start a page here on the site dedicated to art therapy. Everyone would have the chance to display their art work, a reflection of their journey with cancer. It is a wonderful way to express all of the emotions, trials and successes that one has difficulty putting into words. It is a great way to purge the soul. Perhaps we could even have an auction of art work every six months and give all of the proceeds to cancer research. The person selling the piece would be responsible for the packaging and shipping and we could set up a pay pal account to collect the cost (including shipping cost and packaging material) of the item, no item would be shipped until the invoice was paid and every six months the money collected from the sale could then be sent in to the cancer research facility of their choice. Not everyone would have to sell their piece if they didn't want to, each piece up for auction would be clearly marked as such. I would be more then happy to over see the page if you would like. The page could even be set up as a link off of one of the boards, it would have to have enough uploading capability, we can work out all of those details later if you think it is a good idea and beneficial to the group. Please let me know what your thoughts are on the matter, I would like to hear what the members of the group think too.

Thanks,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
Nicola

Would Like to Hear from the Group Members

Hi Everyone, I know I posted the original message to Joe but I would really like your feedback and any ideas that you may have concerning an art therapy page/web site.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Hugs,
Nicola
Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
al from Canada

I think that is a great idea that will catch on. Can't you post your art on our existing photo album?

Al
Old 02-23-2006, 05:15 AM   #4
Nicola

Hi AL,

Yes, photo's could be posted on the existing photo album page but I think it would make it difficult to sift through and there may be an uploading capacity issue. I think it would be better if a page were set up just for art therapy and hopefully an auction that could benefit cancer research, this way non-members to the group who are wanting to purchase an art piece could easily access the page. I hope I hear back from Joe on this as I am very excited about this idea.

Nicola