HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Kellennea

A couple of questions...

I've been on Anastrozole for a little over a month now and I've been noticing the past week or so that my hair seems to be thining. The only thing that I am doing different is the Anastrozole. Has anybody else noticed hair thinning on this drug? Ugh, I was just getting used to having hair again *boo*

My other question is... A while back I noticed that my multi-vitamins contained soy (after taking them for almost a year) Ive looked around for a replacement but everything I am seeing for Women either contains soy or if its all vegan it has some sort of estrogen in it. What are you taking?

Thanks!

K
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Pray

Re: A couple of questions...

Hi K, I also had hair thinning on anastrozole. Bummer. Once you stop your hair comes back! I didn't even come close to losing it all. It was the joint pain that made me switch to aromasin.

As for the soy in vitamins I didn't think to look either for a year. My vit D, multi vit and my fish oil all had soy Ugh! The all natural nature brands tend to not have soy. CVS also has a multi womens over 50 that dosen't have soy. You will be amazed at how deligent you become reading labels. Right now I'm taking gummi chewables. (they were out of the nature ones) Gods blessings to you. Good shopping to!

Your friend,

Nancy
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
chekmark

Kell,
Sorry about the hair thing, no advice there. I know what you mean, I am finally styling mine and comfortable. Had a few trims and almost to my shoulders now. The color was horrible, thank god my beatician made me a natural blond again. Te he. Now about the soy, this is what I was told, yes we need to watch the soy intake but my oncologist stated that there are such small quantities of soy in things that it is not enough to cause alarm. They have to put it on the lable even if it is just a slight dusting. The same with foods. She said to be cautious but that there have been no foods or supplements actually linked to particular cancers. She indicated that people that eat alot of soy or consume vitamins with large quantities of soy such as for hot flashes are more at risk. Most of my vitamins contain soy and I took them to her and she said, not enough, they are fine do not worry. She said a healthy diet is important and only makes sense. I am not sayig that she said foods and supplements do not cause cancer, she said that nothing has been directly linked, just wanted to clear that up .

Hope you are doing well after the surgery, man girl we have so many similarities. I did not have a hysterectomy (yet). My ob gyn was talking about it before the dreaded breast cancer thing due to a large cyst on my ovary. I have another ultrasound in 2 months to determine what is next, geez if its not one thing its another. But hey we are alive.

Take care of yourself. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Kellennea

Thanks Ladies!

I think I am going to try the Bosley Hair System again, it really helped after chemo. It thickened my hair up quite a bit.

As far as vitamins go... grrrrr! I am gonna check at Whole Foods, although I really didnt want to pay an arm & a leg for my vitamins. Im still super scared to add any more Soy into my body then I have to.

But yes, we are still alive
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote