HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
*_Julie_*

I have been postin here once in a while but am not sure whether you remember my profile. With the recent herceptin news I am in a dilemma whether I was treated properly or not.
I was diagnosed in september 2004 while I was pregnant with invasive ductal carcinoma, her2+++, 4.5 cm tumor and some nodes including supraclavicular positive by palpation. I was given neoadjuvant treatment with AC and taxol. I asked for herceptin along with taxol but my onc rejected saying that herceptin might cause hear toxicoty immediatly after AC. Then I had my surgery and the pathology report shows tumor is all melt except the DCIS of 4.5cm in the previous tumor area and 4 nodes positive with micromets(sub millimeter) under the arm, supraclavicular nodes seems to be all disappeared by palpation(no biopsy done for these). And also the report says extensive lymphovascular invasion. After the surgery I was given Xeloda, Herceptin(one year) and 30 rads at the same time. I am done with rads and this is the last week of my Xeloda. With all this history now I am kind of disappointed that I was not given Herceptin along with Taxol and I am not sure whether Xeloda and Herceptin is a good combination.
I am really feeling very sad now after the clinical trial results and don't know what to do. Should I ask for taxol again while I am on Herceptin and I don't think my onc will agree fro this. By looking at my children's face (one is 7 months and another 4 years) I feel I should not do any mistakes in my treatment knowingly and at the same time feeling helpless.

Thanks for listening,
Julie