HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2005, 04:29 AM   #1
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

For those of you on Abraxane/Herceptin combo-

My onc. will not let me take Herceptin in combination with the Abraxane saying that the Abraxane is too new and they do not have enough info on the combo to give.

Is this correct? Does anyone have anything on taking both that I can show them. You would think they would know but I have read on several of you that are taking both.What do your doctors tell you .I feel very vulnerable without my Herceptin.

Appreciate any info you might be able to pass on to me.

Thanks - Irene
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
Mickey

I am taking Herceptin and Abrazane. My onc says this has proven good results. I guess I should have checked into it.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

To Mickey

Well actually, I am of the same mind frame - that it is probably good in combination. I just want something to take to my onc. If your onc has checked into it and it's ok (and where did what did he find out about it, this is what I want to tell her.

Have you had any problems with the combo. How long have you been on both and are they working for you?

Thanks Mickey

Irene
Old 09-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Lisa

Ladies,

All I know is that Abraxane is a taxane, not unlike Taxol or Taxotere. The main difference is that it has a different "delivery" system that allows it to enter the body much quicker and allows for a greater amount of the drug.

I can't imagine how that could possible affect Herceptin.
In fact, my onc started to give me that combo, but changed to Gemzar because of totally different reasons.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 09-07-2005, 01:25 PM   #5

I have only had 2 treatments, 3 weeks apart. The first time, I expected it to be like taxotere and I did not take antinausea meds. MISTAKE!!!! I got very sick. This last time I took weapons and it was much easier. I also take a suppliment called glutamin to combat neuropathy. So far I haven't gotten that. I won't be scanned for awhile.
Mickey