HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #1
Johanna Johannsdottir

Getting better every day

Hello to you all,

I just wanted to give you a briefing on the status. This year has been a very strange year regarding my bc. DX in january 2002, mastectomy left, 25 nodes pos, er+ pr+, grade 2. Did chemo and the Tamoxifen. Last august dx in bones, as hormone positive put on Femara and 14 times Navelbine. Tumor markers wnt down and things seemed pretty normal. Suddenly in january tumor markers vent up and dx in liver with small tumors. Good response after 6 times taxotere/herceptin (stopped Femara) , clean after 12 and still clean after 18 times. Had a CT-scan 12 of july. Continued working every day and daily live ws normal. I have to drive for 40 minutes to work and in the winter it can be difficult because of snowing an bad weather. This winter was rather good though.
Complained about headache in june and asked her on the site. My onc was on a holiday but I was weekly taking herc/taxotere because of liver mets. Asked another doctor for a brain MRI the same time as the liver scan was scheduled in july, just in case. Two days later 25. of june I was in hospital with severe headache, talking nonsense. DX wuth brain mets and staret WBR five days later and continued weekly herceptin and Femara again. Ten imes in WBR.
Will have a liver and brain scan september. Had a brain MRI also on the 12. of july (Like I had asked for). My onc.was rather surprised because he didn´t know about this order and I had completly forgotten about it. Anyway after 8 times he says its very promising but as some of you know the rads continue to do their job weeks after treatment.
I decided to take a sick-leave after this and give myself a break. I registerd in a health-spa www.hnlfi.is (there is an english version on the right) which I go to five days a week for four or six week. Its in a town near where I live and it takes me 10 minutes to drive. The state-insurance pays 70% and my union will pay the rest. I have walks, massage, therapy, swimming, gym etc. All food is vegeterian and organic. My goal is to get my general health back and get my body in better shape.
This last days I have get better and specially after I got rid of daily 4 mgm of decadron. I ws getting rather moody and bad temperd. No patience for anyone, my husband, son or people who served me in shops.

I just hope and pray that the treatment will work and our life will go bask to ,,normal".

I also want to ad that this site has done wonders for me and my family. Here in Iceland we are few and one gets isolated ind ignorance.
Thank you all

Best regards

Jóhanna
Johanna Johannsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
sassy

Johanna,

Glad you are feeling somewhat better and able to take time for yourself. Hope things continue looking up!
________
Web Shows

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:52 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
Becky

Johanna

Its good to see that you are doing well. The spa treatment seems very nice and that it will get you back on the road to better health.

I'm glad you touched base with us because we worry about all our friends on the site and when we don't hear, we can only hope you are doing well.

Kindest regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
Barbara H.

Johanna,
Thank you for posting your good news and a so pleased you are feeling better. That spa you are going to sounds wonderful.
Best wishes for continued recoverey!!!!
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:06 AM   #5
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Thumbs up The spa sounds wonderful

Hi Johanna

It is so nice to have friends so far away.

What you are doing for your general health by going to the spa sounds so wonderful.

I truly believe if we can keep our spirits high and our bodies strong and happy, it will help our bodies heal better and our immune systems strong.
The mind is a powerful thing.

It is wonderful that you can do this. That kind of medicine we could all use.

Have fun at the spa Johanna

Take care.
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
Johanna Johannsdottir

Hello girls,

Its good to know you have friends, also overseas. I will post again when things are clear from all scans. I am still going strong phisically in this treatment but - boy- how exhausted I have been but I feel day by day that this treatment is giving me a lot of strength. Maybe I run ReykjavÃ*k-marathon some day, like I did some years back in my haydays?

best regards

Jóhanna
Johanna Johannsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:05 AM   #7
Shell

Johanna-

It is great that you are taking time to keep and stay healthy - that spa sounds great! Thanks for keeping us informed.

Take care,
Shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #8
karenann

I think you will reach your goal of a balanced and healthy body.

Keep in touch.

Hugs,
Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote