HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2016, 06:54 AM   #1
kvogler

DIEP Flap problems one year later--scared

Brief history--2b HER2 positive back in 2011, did 6 rounds of chemo of taxotere, carboplatin, and Herceptin. Mastectomy of affected breast, 30 rounds of radiation, Herceptin continued for a year. Last year, I finally did reconstruction of breast using DIEP flap from my stomach. For the past year I was very happy with the result despite the numbness.

Now, the reconstructed breast is sore, tender, and some hard places. I have an appointment in a few days to see the plastic surgeon for a ultrasound. I'm scared of a recurrence. A few months ago in the end of March my 6 month follow up bloodwork looked good to my oncologist and we were even discussing switching over to a yearly follow up starting.

At this point even if I get told it's an infection, or fat necrosis and even if I have to lose the reconstructed breast, I'll be happy as long as it's not a recurrence.

But at least in my mind I can feel confident that I did all I could the first time. My appointment is Monday. This is one time I wish the weekend would hurry up and be over with!!! Prayers for strength needed. Since I've been through this once already, I no longer have blissful ignorance this time around.
kvogler is offline   Reply With Quote